PC Peripherals Is stock battery for APC RS 1500 avialable for replacement

ssr

Disciple
Dec 6, 2009
Looks like the last time when I gave my UPS for service, they silently replaced the internal battery or killed it.

Is it possible to get only internal battery for this UPS?
Is there any other source than APC to get this :huh:

Aug 11, 2009
Austin,TX
Please let us know where are you located. So that we can let you know whether its available outside in market. Secondly post whats the ampere rating & volt rating on the internal batteries

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
u can get the internal battery in most exide/quanta battery dealers,your model needs a pair of 12v 7ah VRLA AKA SMF batteries.

amd999

Adept
Nov 17, 2009
try to get good makes such as CSB or panasonic, they will really last, else go for exide or quanta(amaron) etc.

Aug 11, 2009
Austin,TX
ss_rakesh said:
My RS1500 has CSB battery CSB Battery HR1234W F2FR
but another UPS (RS1000) has exide with less voltage and current spec

Got an website which automatically display's equivalent batteries for CSB
Buy a cheap CSB HR1234WF2 PX12090 UP-RWA1245P1 BB HR9-12 HR8-12 Battery from MDS Battery

btw, is CSB avaialble in Bangalore?

Rakesh, in Chennai these CSB batteries 12 volt 7.2 amps costs 575-625 where as exide powersafe costs 650. Exide is way better in performance and its known for its reliability. So go for exide. I am not sure how many of those are needed for your UPS.

Exide is a good option to go for.

ssr

Disciple
Dec 6, 2009
One of the shop person told me that Panasonic closed business.
And exide they have a Sealed Lead Acid-12v-28w, 48w, batteries and my battery is Sealed Lead Acid-12v-34w.
So, What parameters Do I need to compare with my old battery, If I decided to Go for a higher wattage, I am even not worried about space issues

btw, which is the best shop in Bangalore to buy Exide batteries?

Update: just got this website http://www.buybatteryonline.com/, is this reliable?

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
ss_rakesh said:
One of the shop person told me that Panasonic closed business.
And exide they have a Sealed Lead Acid-12v-28w, 48w, batteries and my battery is Sealed Lead Acid-12v-34w.
So, What parameters Do I need to compare with my old battery, If I decided to Go for a higher wattage, I am even not worried about space issues

btw, which is the best shop in Bangalore to buy Exide batteries?

Update: just got this website BuyBatteryOnline, is this reliable?

well u can buy them from thirmula enterprises do a google search,they give really good deals such that the prices quoted on the phone can be matched by other dealers only after marathon bargaining.
the exide battery costs 2.8k else were and quanta which is from amaron costs 2.3k to 2.5k(thirmula enterpises it costs 2k).

u can buy a anderson power connector or use the existing connector (if its a anderson connector),

the apc also sells BR24bp a add on external battery pack of 18ah 24v(consists of 4x 9ah 12v batteries) costs 4.2k.

ssr

Disciple
Dec 6, 2009
adder said:
the apc also sells BR24bp a add on external battery pack of 18ah 24v(consists of 4x 9ah 12v batteries) costs 4.2k.

I already have addon battery(which looks like another UPS) :D, Also it is 4.2k + 12.5%VAT if purchased without main UPS :-[
just trying to replace the internal battery which stopped working recently.

More confusion, how about buying another addon pack and connect to internal battery pack connector :eek:ppo:

adder said:
well u can buy them from thirmula enterprises (consists of 4x 9ah 12v batteries) costs 4.2k.
Thirumala Enterprises
No.465, 17th Cross, Tank Bund Rd, Malleswaram West, Bangalore - 560055 ?

For reference here is a gr8 website which shows all the inside packaging of addon battery pack :D
Breaking into APC’s BR24BP battery pack - Your Warranty Is Void.com

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
ss_rakesh said:
More confusion, how about buying another addon pack and connect to internal battery pack connector :eek:ppo:
well u can do that but the charge time will be higher.but only pros of the apc battery pack is that it looks good and blends in with the ups,but for the same price u can get much more power full quanta batteries i.e a pair of 26ah batteries.
Thirumala Enterprises
No.465, 17th Cross, Tank Bund Rd, Malleswaram West, Bangalore - 560055 ?

yep thats the one ,they have other branches as well.although i ordered it from malleswaram branch .