CPU/Mobo is the cpu causing the problem or is it the gpu?

aslugani

Disciple
OKay. My friend has a CPU:

He's got
2.4Ghz Intel CPU
945GNT Chipset intel
2GB 667MHz RAM (max supported by the mobo)
and 8600GT 512MB GPU

He is trying to run NFS Pro Street on it. He is not getting good performance. even at 800x600 resolution and high car detail+median world detail and NO AA AS or v-sync the game doesnt seem to work that well it lags alot.

IS it the gfx card wich is not upto the mark or is it the proccy n mobo?

PLease suggest a upgrade for him. he has around 15k of cash for the upgrade in wich he needs a new cabinet also.

in which corner of the room is this pc situated...becoz i see some kinda vasthu issues here....:lol:

seriously..apart from cpu..i dont see any problems here..try new video drivers..

CPU problem, which Intel CPU is this Dual core, Core2DUO, HT etc........
And also as CRICFAN suggested try the latest drivers from Nvidia.........

aslugani said:
OKay. My friend has a CPU:

He's got
2.4Ghz Intel CPU
945GNT Chipset intel
2GB 667MHz RAM (max supported by the mobo)
and 8600GT 512MB GPU

He is trying to run NFS Pro Street on it. He is not getting good performance. even at 800x600 resolution and high car detail+median world detail and NO AA AS or v-sync the game doesnt seem to work that well it lags alot.

IS it the gfx card wich is not upto the mark or is it the proccy n mobo?

PLease suggest a upgrade for him. he has around 15k of cash for the upgrade in wich he needs a new cabinet also.

At low resolutions games are more CPU bound. So try to increase resolution. If it doesn't solve problem, try to get latest driver for your card.
Also see your PSU (power supply unit) is enough to run your processor and the card
Also, is this a problem with only NFS Pro Street or all games?

morgoth said:
At low resolutions games are more CPU bound. So try to increase resolution. If it doesn't solve problem, try to get latest driver for your card.
Also see your PSU (power supply unit) is enough to run your processor and the card
Also, is this a problem with only NFS Pro Street or all games?

Dude. Whatever the bottleneck, at higher resolutions performance will only go DOWN but not UP. :) The term bottleneck itself refers to the fact that the CPU is prolly limiting the GPU, here's the GPU itself is limited sorely at 800x600. But well said on the other points>>

@Aslugani:

1. Are other games working fine? Then it's a problem with NFS:pS and your current drivers in all probability.
2. Was it always like this? Did his comp run fine before? Whats the version of his current drivers?

Get back to us on this. Should be able to figure it out. :)

Payne

Back