Is the Nexus S good Buy at 20K?

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi guys,
Do you think the Nexus S is a good buy for 20K?
I was thinking on going for a Dual core droid but saw this on Flipkart today...
Want your suggestions on this...

1. Q: Budget?
A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: SLCD or SAMOLED

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Sony Please

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: ALL

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet,Music(Most of the time).

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Google Nexus S

Lg2x is 27k and out of the league of Nexus S or even Galaxy S. A person considering a 23k phone might upgrade to 27k, but 20 to 27k are different budgets altogether.

The best buy is undoubtedly Galaxy S2 at 30k.

rite said:
Lg2x is 27k and out of the league of Nexus S or even Galaxy S. A person considering a 23k phone might upgrade to 27k, but 20 to 27k are different budgets altogether.

The best buy is undoubtedly Galaxy S2 at 30k.

LG2X is available on letsbuy for 25990 and after using RCOM coupon one can get for 24990 or by icici 24790. So its not 27k.

^^ Exactly.. I am just waiting for it to come down to 23K so that I can buy it..

Nexus S is good but i dont think it will get the 2.4 Update when it comes...

Nexus S is a sweeet buy at that price. Being a google phone its going to get the updates before other devices I think. Unless I could afford SGSII.

Ok I just saw that the flipkart Nexus S has a SCLCD and not the SMOLED I have seen on nexus s's( US peices) . I recommend trying to get a phone with SMOLED or atleast having a look at screens before picking up.

The Nexus S is a brilliant buy for that price. Latest Google updates ( its guaranteed to get Ice Cream Sandwich, much MUCH faster than other phones currently released ), NFC, Voice and Video Gtalk, brilliant custom ROM support, etc. However, though the SLCD Nexus S would be meh, I rather like the SLCD on my G2. Also, its extremely ergonomically designed with that curved screen. But this is just my $0.02.

Back