Budget 15-20K Is the Poco X2 any good?

KrishT

Disciple
Hi forum,

So I've saved up for a new phone and my Mi A2 has been lagging more than usual recently. I need a big battery, stable software, fast charging, and decent call clarity on my next phone. I don't want the Motorola Fusion+, I'm through with Stock Android. I'd buy a Samsung phone but they keep trolling with the low-end chipset.

I was considering the Poco X2 but read about the battery drain issues in the Flipkart review section. I also don't know how buggy, laggy, or unstable the software is in use... Can someone with the phone give their informed opinion?

All other recommendations welcome.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Cool.
Coming from a mi a2 its stock android rom.
Personally i dont like anything other than Stock android and I've seen people hate other ROMs coming from stock android as Its clean and doesn't have all that bloatware/unwanted apps I can't uninstall. (these days you can't even disable them without adb commands in MIUI)
I would suggest you to either stick to stock android or if you are okay with the option of installing custom Rom on your new device. (what i do ) or you are going to be okay with any ROM?

Last edited:
I had a horrible experience with this phone.. super laggy for no reason. I don't want to use stock android anymore.

I've used MIUI before, and I'm open to buying phones from other brands. I want the phone to last at least three years.

Please don't recommend Oppo or Vivo phones, have heard bad things about them from friends. I was considering the Poco X2 because of the high-refresh screen, but my next option is the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max.

My main criteria are good battery life, fast charging, good call quality/network signal, and stable, non-buggy software. I don't mind ads, as long as I can disable/mute at least some of them...
Post automatically merged:

Cool.
Coming from a mi a2 its stock android rom.
Personally i dont like anything other than Stock android and I've seen people hate other ROMs coming from stock android as Its clean and doesn't have all that bloatware/unwanted apps I can't uninstall. (these days you can't even disable them without adb commands in MIUI)
I would suggest you to either stick to stock android or if you are okay with the option of installing custom Rom on your new device. (what i do ) or you are going to be okay with any ROM?
I don't install custom ROMs anymore... I want a phone that just works out of the box, and has all the features I would need without requiring to mod or install additional apps like I need to on my current stock android phone.
I really don't mind the bloatware.. it's just a reality you have to deal with now I guess. Please look at the requirements I mentioned in my recent comment and suggest some good devices.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Here are a few recommendations -
* Poco F1 (old but specs wise very powerful, I have one and only good things to say about it)
* Poco X2
* Redmi Note 9 pro max
* Realme 6 pro
* Realme X2
* Asus Zenfone 5Z

How is the Poco interface in comparison to MIUI? Is it equally bloated and filled with ads?

Are there any differences?

Also, do you know anything about the battery drain issue in the Poco X2?

How is the Poco interface in comparison to MIUI? Is it equally bloated and filled with ads?

Are there any differences?

Also, do you know anything about the battery drain issue in the Poco X2?

POCO runs MIUI and yes its equally bloated compared to MI or Redmi phones.
Yes, the X2 suffers from that issue but AFAIK it's software related which will be fixed after OTA update.

Also, ignore the Zenfone 5z if battery backup is your first priority.

Samsung to the rescue...M31s which released yesterday. No Chinese shit.
I'd buy it, but the processor is slower?
I was expecting an in-display fingerprint scanner too.. I used to be a ride or die Samsung user until the other brands started to dominate and I felt like they were overcharging.
Look regardless of what phone we buy we'll be supporting China in some way or another. Becoming a purist is not a solution to me... Let's just leave politics out of this, haha.

Just suggested bloat-free phone and not adhering to anti-china thing. Though Samsung too got its piece of bloatware but just 30% compared to china and one which doesnt track your secret activities.

I personally dont give a damn if its Chinese or Japanese as long as it got awesome custom roms collection to choose from...

Just suggested bloat-free phone and not adhering to anti-china thing. Though Samsung too got its piece of bloatware but just 30% compared to china and one which doesnt track your secret activities.

I personally dont give a damn if its Chinese or Japanese as long as it got awesome custom roms collection to choose from...

That's the thing.. I don't use custom roms..

I've been eyeing the Poco M2 Pro and the Redmi Note 9 Pro.. both seem decently priced.

I don't care about the cameras, just want stable software and decent network signal. Don't mind ads either.

Which of the two is better?

That's the thing.. I don't use custom roms..

I've been eyeing the Poco M2 Pro and the Redmi Note 9 Pro.. both seem decently priced.

I don't care about the cameras, just want stable software and decent network signal. Don't mind ads either.

Which of the two is better?

AFAIK, Poco M2 Pro is better in terms of camera performance. You can google for review.
If gaming is not your main concern, you can also look into M21 i.e. rebranded M30s. It can definiely multitask wih 6 gb ram.

You have option from Realme, 6pro, realme X and X2.

All of them offer decent hardware and camera for the price plus realme UI is now following the pattern oxygen os of OnePlus.

This means, stock android with some useful tweaks. Though not as polished as oxygen, it is easily second best. You can check you tube videos and if you like you must consider realme.

Thank you everyone for your responses! Super helpful!

After some more research and deliberation, and speaking to half a dozen friends about it, I think the Samsung M31 (6GB/128GB) is right for me... I don't game much, maybe a few games of CoD a month with a friend, and mostly do banking, reading, and email. The software, screen, and battery are great and from what I've gathered, the software shouldn't give me issues like my last two Mi phones did.

The 64MP camera is sufficiently future-proof.

I wanted to ask @nRiTeCh, @NAV33N, @swapyworld, @bigbyte, @adventureguy, and all other members if they've used the M31 and what their thoughts are. The 6/128 variant will go for ~Rs. 15,750 after using bank offer on prime day. Do you think this is a good price?

Leave your thoughts in the thread. Thank you again! This is the best forum EVER!

Check out the Moto one Fusion+ https://www.flipkart.com/motorola-o...OBFRFXHZRMXDDNZ&lid=LSTMOBFRFXHZRMXDDNZOJ0LCZ
Bought my mom M31 6/128 variant for 16500 at launch so far no problems but she only uses it for whatsapp and reading news articles so the processor doesn't matter much. Display and battery life are excellent that was the main reason I bought it. Front camera is decent for whatsapp video calls. Heats up a little when charging.

Check out the Moto one Fusion+ https://www.flipkart.com/motorola-o...OBFRFXHZRMXDDNZ&lid=LSTMOBFRFXHZRMXDDNZOJ0LCZ
Bought my mom M31 6/128 variant for 16500 at launch so far no problems but she only uses it for whatsapp and reading news articles so the processor doesn't matter much. Display and battery life are excellent that was the main reason I bought it. Front camera is decent for whatsapp video calls. Heats up a little when charging.

Thank you for the recommendation, I've checked it out... I don't like stock android (CONTROVERSIAL!).

I'm using the Mi A2 right now, and not only is it buggy, but I find it too bland. Just a personal preference, haha.

Happy to know the M31 is working perfectly for you!

I've researched this price bracket a lot and Poco X2 is the best phone. It beats the Nord in a lot of places. The camera at the back is really good. The battery idle drain issues were resolved. The 128gb version is great for just 1k more.

If not you can also check Redmi Note 8 pro. My sister has it and I really liked the screen and the whole thing as a whole. Feels very premium. Note 9 however doesn't.

Back