Budget 20-25K Is the Samsung S20fe 5G worth buying in 2023?

ch@ts

Skilled
I'm looking for a phone that doesn't serve me ads, has a good camera.

The reviews from 2020/21 praised the S20FE's camera's. How does it's camera hold up today?
I know it'll probably not get an Android 14 update, but besides that, how does it compare to other phones available at close to Rs.25,000 today?

go only if you want Samsung phone
otherwise a clear no
1. major battery draining issue
2. slow charging
3. no software update now
My brother uses this phone; he constantly keeps it in powersaving mode and carries a powerbank in his backpack.( he is in bank )

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-07-12-10-24-00.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-07-12-10-24-00.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 193
My main reason to not recommend it anymore is OS updates. I have been using it since 2021 Diwali, bought it for 25k back then.

So other cons:
- Below average selfie cam for the price
- Decent enough battery life, but nothing great, used to give me 5hr SOT over 1 day, but now its lower as its 1.5+ years old.

Pros that make it still viable:
- Rear cameras will likely still punch above the price range, it was better than my friend's OP 9 pro
- Decent performance
- Samsung UI

Other than updates & avg selfie cam, there is no issue with S20FE. Keep in mind sometimes updates have broken phones across all brands. If buying, wait for a sale to get a discount offer.
updating my Samsung A50S mobile, since October 2020, regularly as soon as received notification via Samsung, keeping battery minimum 80% full and not even accept call or use handset while updating, no issue noticed till now.. even found improvements and speed also some what increased (up to 5%)

I'm looking for a phone that doesn't serve me ads, has a good camera.

The reviews from 2020/21 praised the S20FE's camera's. How does it's camera hold up today?
I know it'll probably not get an Android 14 update, but besides that, how does it compare to other phones available at close to Rs.25,000 today?
You just have to say “it has Exynos”. Nothing else.

Samsung s20 fe (1 year old) battery usage. This is combination of 2 cycle. First 100%, second 90%. Refresh rate set at 120, bluetooth on, mostly outdoor usage, youtube running on speaker, location on for somewhere 2-3 hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712_230329_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_230329_Device care.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 149
Exynos is that bad?
Have only heard about pixel exynos/tensor issues .
Do all exynos overheat?
For flagships, has been the case for sometime now. Samsung's fab is to blame as S888/888+ & 8 Gen 1 were all made on Samsung fab & were inefficient & led to overheating in many phones. 8 Gen 1+ is TSMC, so fares much better.

You can compare some 8 Gen 1 & 8+ Gen 1 phones, or better compare S20 FE 4G with exynos & S20FE 5G with S865 (this was made in TSMC). From what I remember, other than lower temps, better battery life & better sustained performance, S865 version was also said to have slightly better picture output from cameras.

There's Xiaomi 12 & 12X as well:
Check their battery life difference for 8 Gen 1 vs S870 in the same phone:
1689213876309.png

Thanks for the replies guys.
The phones for my wife.
I'm also considering the Moto Edge 30, Edge 40, Nothing Phone 1, OnePlus Nord CE3 Lite, and OnePlus Nord 3. (I'd ideally like to spend about 15k, but don't mind spending about 30k, if I'm getting something substantially better.)
I'm leaning towards the S20FE but it'll depend on the deals running over the next few days.

Thanks for the replies guys.
The phones for my wife.
I'm also considering the Moto Edge 30, Edge 40, Nothing Phone 1, OnePlus Nord CE3 Lite, and OnePlus Nord 3. (I'd ideally like to spend about 15k, but don't mind spending about 30k, if I'm getting something substantially better.)
I'm leaning towards the S20FE but it'll depend on the deals running over the next few days.
You can remove Edge 30 & Nord CE3 Lite from consideration, even Nord 3 maybe as I doubt she will benefit from the extra performance.

So comes down to NP1 & Edge 40 IMO. My top pick will be Edge 40 as its a bit compact & lighter. Check some reviews online.

Back