Android Is the Samsung S3 Neo worth it?

AMG

Skilled
This is not per se a buying advice thread, because I dont have the money, but I was just wondering if the S3 Neo is worth 12.5K, especially for a person who cares the most about the display?

Its got better h/w than the Moto G 2nd gen and is priced cheaper! So it is the best branded option in that price range right now.

And it has Super Amoled, which gives Blacker blacks, as opposed to the IPS which is essentially for whiter whites, if I understand correctly.

Suggesting this to a friend too. So basically it also has the same Wolfson DAC and AMOLED display as the S3?

Don't know about DAC as I have original i9300 .
The neo (i9300l) is Qualcomm as opposed to exinos of original s3 (i9300).
OT I have a s4 too and the sound out of the s3 is much better than out of the s4 .

I have a Note 2 and a friend has the S3. We are both using custom roms with some SoundAlive driver or something and the sound quality is extremely good thanks to the Wolfson DACs in both phones. It defeats even my moms new Note 4 at sound quality as they both don't have this dac and even after modification can't sound as good. This is pretty much why we're looking at the S3 Neo for a friend who loves listening to music. But if you say its Qualcomm then I'm not too optimistic, Qualcomm have been known to throw in their own dac and with the Neo being a cheaper/newer variant of the previous phone theres no guarantee about Samsung sticking to their old chip over the Qualcomm thrash. Ugh will do more research, probably try finding a demo piece.

Back