Video Is there a way to record tata sky without using tv tuner?how to improve it's quality?

eagle004

Disciple
Is there a way to improve the quality of tata sky on a computer?? i have a dell 24 inch monitor and it's easy to get tata sky on that monitor,but the quality doesn't appear to be that great. is there anyway i can improve the quality ?? maybe by upsampling it ?? My computer doesn't have a composite port only my monitor does.

Also is there any software that will record tata sky without using a tuner ??? I have 8600gt gfx card and windows vista.

Hey plz give out detailed steps of how u got tata sky on monitor,,,,
as for quality, there r tv tuner cards dat can upsample it,,, d dealer told me dat it upsamples it to 1200*800,,,buddy its dvd quality,, so will look a litle bland on such a hight rresolution...

@EAGLE: maybe u can play arnd with the Brightness/Contrast setting a bit( tho i doubt it will help at all..)

As for recording, if ur Gfx card has VIVO, then u might be able to record.

Oh it's simple! Just hook up tata sky's RCA cable to the "composite in" of your monitor and you are good to go. No extra steps needed!!

N wat if it does not have composite in (REceivers for d cord dat takes tata sky signal to tv?).
Thanks still,,,,,,,
Im lookin to hook up a 19inch to tatasky in dads office...

^^ You'll need a VGA/DVI to composite video cable/converter or sumthing like that.. And connect the Audio outs of the STB to the speakers..

even if it were possible, it would still be a better idea to get a TV tuner card with a hardware encoder on it rather then software. Pinnacles do a great job.

^^Pinnacles are based on software encoders. Anyway a hardware mpeg encoder is completely unnecessary with dual core CPUs around.

Chaos said:
^^Pinnacles are based on software encoders. Anyway a hardware mpeg encoder is completely unnecessary with dual core CPUs around.

The low end ones are software encoding - High end are all hardware encoding.

So i do need a tv tuner to record tv shows right .i really hoped there was some other way?? And how do you change channels using that?? Or do you have to manually change channels to record them ??

Back