Audio Is there any new 5.1 channel amplifier with Dolby and dts without speakers.

rupeshforu3

Disciple
Hi I am Rupesh from India and one of my friend gifted me used 10 years Sony 5.1 channel home theatre system which has 850 watts and 5 speakers for center, surround and front and one sub woofer.

All speakers are working fine except the amplifier which reads music files from usb or aux and output the sound to speakers is not working.

Now my requirement is I want a new amplifier which has nice dac, Dolby Atmos, dts or dtsx without any speakers.

I searched for Sony 5.1 channel home theatre system and it costs more amount and even they sell everything I mean amplifier, speakers etc.,.

But I don't want speakers as I already have and so I asked them whether they can give only amplifier without any speakers but they replied no you must buy everything. I think Sony is not selling amplifier separately.

So I searched for local companies other than Sony who sells amplifiers and found a lot which are compatible with Sony home theatre system speakers.

I think that those local company amplifiers doesn't have technologies such as Dolby Atmos, dts or dtsx etc.,.

One of the company who sells amplifiers in my country is Ahuja which is more popular. It sells various devices related to audio. It's home page is as below

As Ahuja is selling various devices like mixer amplifiers, power amplifiers, mixers, splitters etc.,. I can't select which is suitable for me.

I found other two products which are amplifiers from tech lobby company which are compatible for my speakers.

Kindly try to suggest a 5.1 channel amplifier which has nice dac, Dolby Atmos, dts or dtsx without any speakers. The amplifier must provide hifi sound.

If possible try to suggest amplifier from well known companies such as Sony, Phillips, Lg, onkyo etc., but at less cost. If not possible try to suggest from Ahuja or tech lobby etc.,.

Regards,
Rupesh.

present I will buy low end av receiver and in future I will buy hi tech receiver or home theatre system.

If I can't get Dolby Atmos, dts or dtsx then I will drop them.

Can you try to explain the meanings of the following which are present in Ahuja website.

POWER AMPLIFIERS

Dual Channel Power Amplifiers
2 Zone PA Power Amplifiers
High Wattage PA Power Amplifiers
DJ & PA Power Amplifiers
Installation PA Power Amplifiers
Mobile PA Power Amplifiers

MIXER AMPLIFIERS

High Wattage PA Mixer Amplifiers
MEDIUM WATTAGE PA MIXER AMPLIFIERS
LOW WATTAGE PA MIXER AMPLIFIERS
2 ZONE PA MIXER AMPLIFIERS
Mobile PA Mixer Amplifiers
Installation PA Mixer Amplifiers

Mixers

PA Audio Mixing Consoles - Stereo
PA Audio Mixers
PA Effect Processors
DJ Mixers

I think that I can get a basic receiver or amplifier from Ahuja but I must carefully select the proper product as listed in their website.

Hi actually the problem in my amplifier is it is not throwing sound to front speakers.

I mean I can't get sound from only front speakers but I am able to get sound from surround or back speakers, woofer etc.,.

Except I am not getting sound from front speakers everything is working fine.

Can I add any circuit board or any other component to the motherboard of my present Sony home theatre system amplifier so that I can get sound from all the speakers.

This is a common problem in Sony home theatre systems.

Last edited:
Ok. Still you should try to get your sony amplifier serviced from a third party service center in your city or atleast check with them. The sony service center seldom does chip level service. Anyway the Ahuja amplifiers are best used for small concerts and mostly for DJ works. Look around and you may find some good amplifiers from Yamaha, Denon or Onkyo. However even a used Atmos amplifiers would cost above 25K depending upon the brand.

Back