Is there any service provide that provides virtual sim/phone number? (Similar to Google Voice)

Mr.J

Skilled
Hi all,

I want to avoid giving my regularly used numbers for services that I will use only once or twice.

For that I'm looking for something similar to Google Voice which is unavailable in India.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I want to avoid giving my regularly used numbers for services that I will use only once or twice.

For that I'm looking for something similar to Google Voice which is unavailable in India.

Thanks.

Just buy the second sim card it will be the cheapest option to maintain as well, all phones are practically dual sim now cause of e-sim.
Only enable the second sim when you need it, otherwise disable it.

And because of Indian telecom regulations that will never happen (see news mentioning doosra above). In India no sim can be issued without full kyc & it has to be under the name of a person who will be fully responsible for its usage.

And because of Indian telecom regulations that will never happen (see news mentioning doosra above). In India no sim can be issued without full kyc & it has to be under the name of a person who will be fully responsible for its usage.
I assumed that the virtual numbers are still provided with proper KYC.

It only gave you convenience to do it once instead of multiple times and let you close any number that you didn't want to use further and instead request a new one.

I assumed that the virtual numbers are still provided with proper KYC.
No they aren't that's why doosra closed down & the timing was just right. See the news below:

If above gets implemented then you will see the real name of the caller based on the ID proof submitted to obtain that number. Obviously no point then of having even the concept of a virtual number which can hide your identity. Also, e-sims are not virtual numbers but rather "virtual copy" of real sim which doesn't exist anymore.

Back