Android Is there any way to unlock a phone via PC (Known password).

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
My Moto G5+ display is half dead. It is password enabled and I know the password but due to the half-dead display I'm unable to input the keys correctly.

Is there a way to unlock the phone via PC? The method should still ask me to input the phone password. I want to unlock the phone and remove the pw for good.

I tried to follow two suggestions as shown in the top results on Google and those included installing softwares (they were really alike). I tried to install the software and for a mere MB (one was only some 700Kb and is published by a company based in Shenzhen China) size they took really long and I got suspicious of them so cancelled the installation.

The phone display is in such a condition that I can see the display fine if the phone constantly "refreshes" the display else it whitens out the display (the part with pixel issues). So I can run games fine most of the time since the games constantly refreshes the screen and rarely gives time for the phone display to black out.

Also I'm not in a situation to get the phone repaired.

Update: I somehow managed to get the timing right and entered my pw correctly. Removed the pw. If I lose my phone now then I'm done for lol.

Last edited:
Do what i did once long back, get an otg cable, connect a mouse to it, your phone should automatically detect the mouse when you click the mouse. And then do what you have to do :)
Worked for me when i had to extract contacts from my old phone.

I tried what you suggested and could see the mouse cursor on top of the display (which has no display issue) and theoretically it should work but the area which has the password layout/pad is blackened/whitened out and nothing is visible so it does not help. Thanks for the effort.
u/cosmicblue24 also suggested this:
Can you guys also run this and see if it works?

Last edited:
if possible try to cast your screen to secondary display. can be via many ways. if you have smart tv, or amazon firestick or google tv or some other thing that supports it. you can then work from there.
you can also use your laptop i think as secondary display.
btw what mobile you have

Back