Is there Anyway to reverse a recharge?

deadbynight

Disciple
Basically I recharged another number instead of mine. Swapped a two digits and only noticed it after having completed the transaction.
Contacted CS immediately and was told that since the recharge was successful, there's nothing they can do now.
Is there really no way to help people who have done a wrong recharge?

Well you can try reaching out the number in error and request to recharge to your number. If the guy is genuine, would surely help out. Rest I think there's no way out.

When most banks cant help for wrong transfer of funds itself i doubt they will help for wron recharge, best bet is to contact that and see if the person can help

Nah I did it last month when I recharged using PC. Teleco and bank said they can't help. The guy I recharged for by mistake, made fun of me and cut the call.

Lesson learned- Recharge using app only, else there is always a chance of you typing a digit wrong. I typed 9 instead of 8 by mistake and lost 300 odd rs.

As mentioned already, try calling the other number and explain him the situation. I agree, good people are a gem in this "Kalyug" but they do exist. No harm in trying.

Else, as mentioned by Kmkaks, always cross-check the number before recharging.

What was the recharge amount btw?
Telecom cc wont help you at all as its your mistake.
The other person if fortunately has a postpaid no. then things can get interesting via CC escalation but again its dicy.

The other person if fortunately has a postpaid no. then things can get interesting via CC escalation but again its dicy.
Does a recharge go successful if the number it's done to is postpaid? I haven't tried this at all. I suppose the recharge should fail and amount should be reversed. Not a 100% sure on this.

Also on another note, if the amount of recharge done does not match with a valid plan with the target operator then it'll turn up as usable talktime without validity (as validity recharges are different). In that case that talktime is useless if the person doesn't keep the validity recharges going on and those are expensive as well. If the person is already on plans like unlimited calling which most probably they will be then again that recharge of talktime is worthless. In that case it's completely unfair for the person to return the money for someone else's mistake and bear the loss of amount.

I would only refund if the recharge done on my account is worth a valid plan and validity and saves me the trouble of doing so later but that's my opinion.

Back