OC & Modding IS Thermaltake Big Water 735 WC kit any good?

If you want a hassle free water cooled system then look at the swiftech mcr 220 Drive or the Mcr 320 Drive.

Res/Rad/Pump all inside the Rad only .. only thing you will need is a Cpu block and you are done..

Not to mention these are pretty good rads too..

Just do your research if you are going for water.. it has its own issues but not bad either ..

Hope this helped ! :)

kind regards

tool

I was benching with a dual 60cfm fan config on the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme(unlapped) yesterday. I used a E7400(45nm/R0/1.26vid) at 4.7 Ghz and my temps still wouldn't cross 75 at max load. Seriously what more can you ask from it? Given that the Venomous X is a step up from the former, one cant really go wrong with it.

The Corsair H50 has an edge when going higher than 4.0ghz/1.5v, but tbh no one really has such clocks for a 24/7 setup. I've borrowed it from a friend yesterday and atleast in my case, it lose to TRUE. But then again, I was lucky enough to get one of the best chip I've seen.

Idle - 35 both

Load - TRUE - 59 and H50 - 60 (500x8)

I'd recommend the Venomous X anyday.

Whats your setup like ? Its probably cheap for a reason best to stay away from it people have been having a lot of problems with it apparently you dont want to run into that sorta trouble sitting in india.

Corsair isnt good for serious cooling if u plan to tweak... some of the Air coolers like Megahalems or Noctuas can defeat H50

as for your question... from what I have read online people swear by Swiftec and warn to stay away from Thermaltake kits

asingh said:
Damn:
You reached 4.7 Ghz wow. How much vCore were you pushing on. That is awesome, seriously.
My board and processor seem to love the 9 multiplier. My prime focus was purely to push the FSB. To be very precise, I was able to reach 4.752(528*9). The Pi Blacks refused to clock any higher after that even with the most lenient timings. The vcore was at 1.58v real and northbridge was at about 1.34#, I was more concerned about the benchmarks so I had an empty desktop, ac, bunch of fans directionally blowing towards the heatsink, bare startup processes and several other such favorable conditions. I was able to run the usual (superpi/temp monitoring stuff/vantage/browser windows) for about an hour without crashes, but did not run any stress tests, so cant comment on if it was actually a perfectly stable overclock.

#: Took a lot of trial and I kept pushing the northbridge voltages thinking that my RAM was fine, which was not the case, I could have prolly lowered it a lot more to attain the same results.

Also, I used Gigabyte Easy Tune 6, so it isn't as impressive as it would normally be. Its not even as big of a deal to touch 5ghz assuming you wont be running it at this speed for a prolonged duration. =p

Back