Camera Is this a Good Deal?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi Shutter Bugs.

A question to you. I am looking for a wide angle lens for my camera, Canon. The prices were like 400 to 600 for used and 800 for new ones. I was like WTF.

Now, I saw this deal in a listing. 1350 USD for a Nikon D7100 with 10-24 Nikon and a 8mm Rokinon fisheye with 2 class 10 mem cards. Around 6 months old equipment. 28ooo Actuations.

What do you think? Is it a good deal? I may sell off my 4 or 5 year old Canon 500D+BG+2extra battery+Kit lens for around 150 ~200USD if i get this. I am not a body or shutter bug. But focal range I want. WAAAIIDDEEE Lenses.

Let me know.

Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1385039353][/DOUBLEPOST]No reply??? :( :(

Last edited:
The way I see it, If you don't require the additional features of D7100 over 500D, you might as well buy a new lens at 800 USD and may spend the saved 550USD on something else. At least you know you have not mishandled your camera, and it will go the distance.
P.S: newbie with a canon 1100D:)

Hi Shutter Bugs.

1350 USD for a Nikon D7100 with 10-24 Nikon and a 8mm Rokinon fisheye with 2 class 10 mem cards. Around 6 months old equipment. 28ooo Actuations.
Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1385039353][/DOUBLEPOST]No reply??? :( :(

This does sound like a good deal, check if the lenses are as also just 6 months old then its a pretty good buy.

New Nikon D7100 = 950 USD
Nikon 10-24 = 850 USD
8 mm Fisheye = 200
-------------------------------
Total = 2100 USD .. (Indian price would be much 1.3x higher .. )

I actually bought the kit. Thanks guys. The 10-24 is 6 months and the fish eye is around 6 weeks old i guess. It was used by a great amateur photo guy/
Saw his pics in flickr and fb. Very good.

Well... I really dont want to spend 800 for just the lens. And I thought a upgrade. But yea the extra money spend is not justified. I hope I can sell my current kit.

I actually bought the kit. Thanks guys. The 10-24 is 6 months and the fish eye is around 6 weeks old i guess. It was used by a great amateur photo guy/
Saw his pics in flickr and fb. Very good.

Well... I really dont want to spend 800 for just the lens. And I thought a upgrade. But yea the extra money spend is not justified. I hope I can sell my current kit.

Resell back in India for practically the same amount a year later :p

:). Well one of the reasons i bought that is, my current SLR is with me for around 4 years. I dont find the need to change cameras. So hoping this also will serve me good for some time. *touchwood**fingers crossed*

Back