PC Peripherals Is this a good keyboard? (Cosmic Byte CB-GK-25)

DentFuse

Disciple
Hi,

I was recently looking for mechanical keyboard on amazon and came across this one Cosmic Byte CB-GK-25. I was wondering if someone has this one or has used this in the past. This will be my first mechanical keyboard and I don't really have any experience with them. The RGB lights are pretty good tho!

Also is this a legit site? OnBeli Can't seem to find much regarding it on Google, but they do appear to have a fairly popular instagram page.
Thanks.

i use to buy these cheap "budget" products thinking it's all the same, but nope once you use a good branded stuff like from logitech,etc you'll realise what quality actually feels. yes they are pricey but consider looking it as some long term product you are buying.

also is mechanical specifically needed? if not then you can also try this - Keyboard : it's my personal use keyboard almost 2 years old and still works like day one.

Yes, OneBeli is a legit site afaik but I believe they only (or mostly) sell open-box/refurbished products.

As for the keyboard, I would recommend getting the Reddragon Fizz or something that at least hotswappable with Akko CS switches.

Agree with slippery.

Save up for a hot-swap keyboard, unless you have sufficient electronics skills to de-solder and solder switches.
Typically, low-end Chinese keyboards tend to have 3 or 4 keys go bad within 3 - 4 months of usage (either not registering pressing, or registering too many presses).
Ask me how I know :p

If/when such a thing happens, you'll be glad that you hot-swap/replace the bad switches instead of throwing away an entire keyboard for 3-4 bad switches.

I have this with red keys (cb gk 26). The switches on it will fail for sure. I just got some switches from r/mkindia discord and soldered the replacements. Unless you have soldering experience, its not worth it. If you can replace keys by soldering, well its cheap and does the job just fine.

Yes, OneBeli is a legit site afaik but I believe they only (or mostly) sell open-box/refurbished products.

As for the keyboard, I would recommend getting the Reddragon Fizz or something that at least hotswappable with Akko CS switches.
Yup understood that when I recieved the keyboard. They delivered the wrong size, full instead of TKL and the wrong switches, red instead of blue. All in all wouldn't recommend them at all.
Agree with slippery.

Save up for a hot-swap keyboard, unless you have sufficient electronics skills to de-solder and solder switches.
Typically, low-end Chinese keyboards tend to have 3 or 4 keys go bad within 3 - 4 months of usage (either not registering pressing, or registering too many presses).
Ask me how I know :p

If/when such a thing happens, you'll be glad that you hot-swap/replace the bad switches instead of throwing away an entire keyboard for 3-4 bad switches.
I have this with red keys (cb gk 26). The switches on it will fail for sure. I just got some switches from r/mkindia discord and soldered the replacements. Unless you have soldering experience, its not worth it. If you can replace keys by soldering, well its cheap and does the job just fine.
I think I have have the skills to desolder and solder new switches, in reality I think that would really fun for me too!
my friend's cb gk space key died in 3 months, and the warranty is a hassle
Given the fact that OnBeli sells refurbished products, I'm considering this out-of-warrenty as is.

Are you going to keep the keyboard then or are you going to pursue them for a refund?

Shitty vendor behaviour on their part and just keeping it would encourage them to keep doing it thinking consumers are okay with it.

Are you going to keep the keyboard then or are you going to pursue them for a refund?

Shitty vendor behaviour on their part and just keeping it would encourage them to keep doing it thinking consumers are okay with it.
I bought two keyboards. One for myself, one for my friend. I originally wanted the red switches anyways so I opted to keep mine and returned his. It's been more than a month now and they are still processing the refund.

Do take a look at Redragon Kumara if you are planning on buying a new one; shouldn't cost you more than 3000 (for PKRGB) and 2300 for Static-RGB but damn it's built like a tank and it's hot-swappable (only Outemu though). For the price, none come close to the build quality.

Last edited:
Back