Is this axis bank email for real?

kauzy

Skilled
got an email in my inbox.. read it as follows..

[font=arial, sans-serif]Attention!!![/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Axis Customer,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We recently upgraded our Online Banking security system with a newly established security server which guarantee's your maximum protection when accessing your account online. In order to ensure you are properly updated and your account is fully protected, you will be required to Login to your account and Complete necessary forms requested, to login to your account kindly download the secured login and renovated page attached to this email[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please follow the steps below:[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]SECURITY ACTIVATION STEPS :[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]1. Open The Attachment In This Mail Which Contains A Verification Page.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]2. Carefully Confirm Your Login details and Get Migrated Instantly .[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]3. After Successful Verification, You Will Be Redirected To The Bank's Home Page.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]4. In two weeks from your receipt of this mail, You Will Receive A Manual Containing A Pin And How To Use your pin On Our renovated secured Website.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]IT is recommended that you supply your correct and complete details or we will[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]permanently disable your Account[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Help us serve you better[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for banking with us.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Online Security Team -[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Axis Online (Technical Support)[/font]

the email is from

Axis Bank

[font=arial, sans-serif]customer.services@axisbank.com[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]definitely looks like a spoof.. since the to the recepient is blank..[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]they have also provided a link which opens up the attachment page..[/font]

[attachment=11397:Axis Bank Enrollment Form 0123FHBDF.pdf.htm]​

[font=arial, sans-serif]when will these people learn?[/font]

Attachments

• Axis Bank Enrollment Form 0123FHBDF.pdf.htm
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,110
Dammit thought u will fall for it and i get to steal ur money
<

100% fake. No bank will ask your credentials.

form is going submjitting details to this url -

Code:
http://188.138.38.205/~madal/js/tiny_mce/langs/184.154.189.98.php

may be file an online complaint to cyber cell.

Open the form

In user id and password and whatever fields present enter the worst swears you know...M@xxxxxx, Bxxxxx

And send it

I do that whenever such phishing mails i receive from ICICI.

Open the form

In user id and password and whatever fields present enter the worst swears you know...M@xxxxxx, Bxxxxx

And send it

I do that whenever such phishing mails i receive from ICICI.

Nice idea. If the bank were to create honeypot ids, then it would be awesome.

The first word of the mail itself confirms its a Phishing mail, "Attention!!!" is mostly used heading in those Niegerian Scam Mails

From the Axis bank login page:

Security Information :

Axis Bank does not send requests for your Internet Banking Login ID, Password, Credit/Debit card numbers, Bank account numbers, or other sensitive financial information. If you do receive a message of this type that appears to be from Axis Bank, or related to an Axis Bank product or service, please do not respond. Send a copy of the message and any related details to IT.Helpdesk@axisbank.com.

Back