PC Peripherals Is this DVD ok??

Nikhil

Skilled
I was having problems paying back stuff I wrote on this MoserBaer 8x DVD+R.

I ran Nero's test.

This is the screenie ----

Can anyone make sense of this?? Chaos had told me long back abt the max values and all that, but I forgot :p

Can someone here enlighten me?? How good or bad is this disc??

i have a plextor 740a and moser still give horrible burns,id suggest u go in for sony or imation,similarly priced and much better burns

ps thats a horrible burn ,thats a coaster u have there :p

Well thats more or less a screwed up disc. If you are flashed already to the latest firmware, I suggest you find other media.

@SoulFire: PX740A is nothing but benq 1640 rebadged. You might wanna crossflash to benq firmware. Post peepz I know who have the 1640 have no issues with MBI media.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible...

in fact the worst scan i ever saw!!

i second that....

peepz I know who have the 1640 have no issues with MBI media
.i thinkn some of the recent MBI batches have some quality issues....i bought a 10 pack and am not using it now..the 1st disc i burnt gave me a PI E avg of ~800......300/- down the drain

I had a few discs of a cheap thai made media called Konco (15/- each) which used to give me an avg PI error of ~30 and PI F avg of ~0.1-0.2

See if yoou can find em as they are out of stock in the chennai mkt

I am currently using nother el-cheapo media called melody (MID- VANGUARD) which gives me a PI avg of ~50 an pif avg of less than 1

BTW I have a Benq 1640

But the DVD works fine on my dad's Acer Ferrari.....

Is it possible that the DVD-Drive is so screwed up that it is scanning wrong??

The DVDs keep hanging on my comp. But it works fine on my dad's comp.

dirty drive lenses will report higher error/failure rates....try running th scan on dad's comp and see what u get...the pi e avg shouldn't exceed 280

also, badly burnt dvd's will be read ok by decent drives but they'll really stress the drive lens

Well, I tried running the scan on my dad's laptop but it is saying that the DRIVE DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS FUNCTION or something like that.

And I scanned another DVD and the results were almost identical.

I burnt abt 11 DVDs in the past 2 days :( . Now if they are coasters, it will be a tragedy. Spent one whole month's pocketmoney on that :cry: :cry: :( :(

Just scanned another DVd. Amazing results. PI error avg was 3.2 anmd PI failure avg was .02... Quality score was 95

There is hope for some DVDs

PI upto 160 is decent and PF upto 20-30 is acceptable anything more than that and u will have problems in the future,also it is possible that ur lens is dirty cause there graph is a pretty constant flat stream
@Chaos
i know its a rebadged
and ive never had issues with most media,this burner is damn good burns ever baby well

its moser theyre quality has come below par ,why do u think they stopped the free on the spot replacement,the only way u can replace is call tehyre toll free no. which all the time nobody picks up or is an answeering machine which even ifu leave a msg nobody gets back 2u,ive sworn to never buying moser again

heck those cheap 15 bux blanks(made in taiwan) give better quality

@ nikhil i suggest u try scanning at a friends place who has another drive,i have aliteon dvdrom myself and its qpreety reliable and one of the best readers out there

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is strange....

In the same batch of blank media, 2 out of 7 tested are PERFECT.

This is an example of it.....

And another 2 which are as good as coasters

And I tested some older DVDs and while the errors are higher than the perfect one, they play flawlessly.....

WOTSAY??

Back