Graphic Cards is this going to cause any problems?

Since my mobo is gone, and I was thinking to apply some as5 on my 280's, I took them out for taking out the hsf and while taking out the screws I just noticed this

The pin connection seems to have been torn off, before sending the motherboard I hadn't experienced any problems while playing games on stock clocks, would it be a good idea to RMA the card right away, instead of waiting for the mobo to arrive and check the card?

Has anyone else seen such a thing on the card, this might have happened while inserting the card in the mobo, I'm not sure though.

I just started the RMA, I have no idea how this would have happened, it probably happened while inserting/taking out the card from the mobo, but this is the first time such a thing has happened! :( I'll get my mobo on 6th, if I dont get the RMA confirmation by then I would probably check the card before sending it. Ahh I just cant play with my system, all this time been changing one part or another, hate it lol :mad:

wow..Anish, that crazy dude!...definitely RMA, hopefully it will be approved, has it been more than a month since u bot the carD?

It looks more like a burn mark.

Seen this happen when mobo went kaput taking pci express slot. But you are lucky that damage is this minor.

Not all pins are that important. I honestly dont know what that contact area is for. The card can still function normally even with this damage. But i would RMA it.

Jasku said:
wow..Anish, that crazy dude!...definitely RMA, hopefully it will be approved, has it been more than a month since u bot the carD?

hey jasku,
Not been more than a month, although still doin a rma, since, its faster.

Shripad said:

Seen this happen when mobo went kaput taking pci express slot. But you are lucky that damage is this minor.

Not all pins are that important. I honestly dont know what that contact area is for. The card can still function normally even with this damage. But i would RMA it.

Thats some insight, and that is the case coz my mobo blew a few days back, and rma is in progress, will prolly send the card day after. And I'm not sure how much damage had been done coz after the mobo blew I was getting bsod's very regularly so couldn't check much.

Shripad said:

Exactly what I thought. That looks more like a burn mark than anything else. Just RMA the card rather than taking any risk.

RAM the card.......

if thats the case................that ur mobo got kaput
then it will be better to check each and every component working on that mobo for burns or other problems..........atleast for peace of mind .

seems u r having bad in good times...................got GTX280 SLI ,FELX ,CORE2EXTREME,CORSAIRHX100W ..............n damaged mobo ,one of GTX 260 .

Sudarshan_SMD said:
RAM the card.......

if thats the case................that ur mobo got kaput
then it will be better to check each and every component working on that mobo for burns or other problems..........atleast for peace of mind .

seems u r having bad in good times...................got GTX280 SLI ,FELX ,CORE2EXTREME,CORSAIRHX100W ..............n damaged mobo ,one of GTX 260 .

its rma not ram dude:bleh:

yeah dude better rma the card instead of waiting for the mobo for checking the card.

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization.

basically, when some product of yours craps out and you decide to claim warranty from your manufacturer, the said manufacturer generates a sorta serial number to keep track of your case.

the term has however come to be generalized and used in place of warranty claim.

Back