PC Peripherals Is this issue with the MotherBoard or PSU ?

seenuguddu

Disciple
So here with strange issue...

Specs:

Intel DG41RQ with Intel Processor (E5300) 2.65 GHz

Seagte 500GB HD with 2GB 2D

ATX Zeb Farista Cabinet with SMPS - 450wts

Windows XP Professional

Issue:

When i Turn ON the PC its boots and work fine... when i Turn OFF the system and again try to Turn on ....Computer won't Turn ON.

What i am doing is removing the power Cord from the CPU for few Hours and try to Turn on the PC it will ON and Works Fine

and i facing this issue from few months and i fed up with this.....

i bought the Corsiar VX 450(friend suggested the PSU) ... when i called a Technican to fix this .. After fixing this i Turn On the PC and the light show off in green and stop.

these are the questions came to my mind

1) is this issue with the MotherBoard or PSU..?

2) is this CompatibilityIntel DG41RQ with the Corsiar VX 450..?

3) is this need to fix EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin... ..?

Any help to debug this issue, Thanks in Advance

SeenuGuddu

Re: s this issue with the MotherBoard or PSU..?

its seem to be problematic MOBO, first check with another motherboard. Same type problems also found on few peoples's PC for defective CPUs too (only 2% chance!).

Your motherboard is under warranty, you can also chat online with intel support staff for the same too. visit intel support web page .........

Try eliminating the defective part:
1) check RAM's with memtest
2) use your PSU on your friend's PC

It can be anything - Mobo or PSU. If nothing works RMA both one by one, Intel and corsair both have good a.s.s and you will get the replacement with in a week.

i tried to fix this Corsiar VX 450 and I press the power button and all I get is the light blink and stops..Nothing else turns on and the screen is blank but Bios light come on and i left the EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin..

is this need to fix EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin with Intel DG41RQ ... ..?

I hope you have connected the 4 pin supply to the connector near your processor socket and 24 pin in other socket as well.

@vivacious_tg

Yeah ..but its a PCI-E 6 pin and ATX 24 Pin .. what about the EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin..?

I suspect the culprit is mobo.. I faced the similar issue.. got resolved after replacing the mobo..

seenuguddu said:
@vivacious_tg

Yeah ..but its a PCI-E 6 pin and ATX 24 Pin .. what about the EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin..?
You have to connect that 4/8 pin to the socket near to processor, that is required to supply power to proccy. If you don't use it, your proccy may not get enough power.

@ vivacious_tg

Sorry... i mean i didn't find the socket for 4/8 pin .. where to place... for Intel DG41RQ(Mobo)

Why i am asking u is the Technician left the 4/8 pin as Ideal...

Thanks

Back