Is this possible?

Vandal

Skilled
Is it possible to swap in a battery having a larger mAH rating for a cell phone without doing any damage?
Say can an 850 mAh battery be swapped with a 1050 or 1100 mAh part?

kumar said:
AFAIK it shouldn't be a problem.LArger mAH gives more talk time
what about the BL rating?? My 6630 uses a BL 5C.... its a 780 mAh not sure really... whats the largest battery I can shoehorn in?? Will I need to change my charger??
Please suggest everyone...

hey 6630 uses BL 5C battery with 900MAh rating. The Ngage qd battery is BL 6C with 1070MAh rating. You may get a small increase in battery life but it wont be a great one as 6630 eats up battert pretty fast

the upcoming 3250 uses higher rating battery but the design is different so u cannot use in 6630. Does anyone know the cost of original BL 5C and BL 6C battery?

archish said:
hey 6630 uses BL 5C battery with 900MAh rating. The Ngage qd battery is BL 6C with 1070MAh rating. You may get a small increase in battery life but it wont be a great one as 6630 eats up battert pretty fast

the upcoming 3250 uses higher rating battery but the design is different so u cannot use in 6630. Does anyone know the cost of original BL 5C and BL 6C battery?
Yes I noticed that...another techy query... why do some similar phones discharge similar batteries at dissimilar rates when the applications being run are also similar...??

that is because,each phone has its own power consumption patterns.Thats like processors of similar charectoristics OC quite differently even if they belong to the same family.

Bitween phone series,the RF power used may vary,CPU power consumption may vary due to the change in the speeds (case in point is the StrongARM of 6600 is 104MHz whereas that of 6630 runs at 240MHz.).There may be diff. bitween bluetooth power used.

kumar said:
that is because,each phone has its own power consumption patterns.Thats like processors of similar charectoristics OC quite differently even if they belong to the same family.

Bitween phone series,the RF power used may vary,CPU power consumption may vary due to the change in the speeds (case in point is the StrongARM of 6600 is 104MHz whereas that of 6630 runs at 240MHz.).There may be diff. bitween bluetooth power used.
Thanx for that...:)

Hmm so then if the voltage is different , can u still use it( Bl 6C in place of 5C). Appears as if voltages are 3.6v and 3.7v.

kumar said:

absolutely right.
but it depends more on the network coverage in your area. bad network coverage can eat up almost 8 times more battery

jalsa777 said:
absolutely right.
but it depends more on the network coverage in your area. bad network coverage can eat up almost 8 times more battery
Thanks for the same... You are right...
Like the fast proccy though... even the 6680 cannot keep up...

Back