Is this PSP deal worth it?

kkndka

Adept
hey guys,
just wanted to know if this deal for a PSP on ebay india is good..

http://cgi.ebay.in/Xmas-Spcl-PSP-Value-Pack-1GB-2in1Cable-Bag-Screen-Cover_W0QQitemZ8252373249QQcategoryZ56240QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hes giving

# US PSP Console (v1.5)
# PSP Headphones With Remote Control
# PSP Soft Case & Hand Strap
# PSP AC Adapter (100V - 240V, 50/60Hz, works worldwide)
# PSP Battery Pack
# PSP Sampler UMD
# 1 GB Memory Card
# PSP Bag
# PSP Screen Protector
# 2in1 USB/Recharge cable

for 18,275 + shipping

is this deal worth it? i stay in Chennai and frankly dont trust the consoles available at burma bazaar

also wanted to ask how to check the firmware before buying.. any indications on the box?
anyone know a reliable place in chennai to get one?
thank you for your time and patience

# US PSP Console (v1.5)

# PSP Headphones With Remote Control

# PSP Soft Case & Hand Strap

# PSP AC Adapter (100V - 240V, 50/60Hz, works worldwide)

# PSP Battery Pack

# PSP Sampler UMD

All of the above is a part of the PSP Value pack which costs 11k in mumbai.

# 1 GB Memory Card

# PSP Bag

# PSP Screen Protector

# 2in1 USB/Recharge cable

The 1Gb card is for 3-3.5k depending on where you live. The Rest of the stuff wudn't cost more than 2k. So the seller is basically charging a premium of 2k for stuff you can purchase from shops. The ebay dealers are no better than the burma bazar ones actually............. ;) You might want to contact chennai members @ TE like superczar, saiyan, crazy_eddy and they might direct you to a decent shop.

For the firmware part Look for alphabets above the barcode on the psp box. A to F is normally between firmware 1.5 to 2.0 which you can downgrade to 2.0. The box i got with my psp had F on it and was firmware 2.0. But then again its not a sure shot way of getting a firmware 1.5 - 2.0 psp. Check out the firmware yourself before buying by powering on the unit. Clicking on home > settings > System settings > system information and check system software. it should be between 1.5 and 2.0.

Btw if you are getting Burnout legends and lumines UMDs with that ebay deal then it makes sense. Since he hasn't mentioned UMDs i am sure he is just loading the games onto the memory stick, in which case it doesnt make sense to go for the deal.

yup if u gettin umd of the disc...then its worth...else....i guess it shd b below 16k....as i bought mine for 18.5k.....ard 8 months bak.......at that time 1gb disc cost 4.85k.......now the rates of card r even lower.....also better get a 2 gb disc......since umd r 1.7gb one...and the nfs games rip comes ard 1.2gb....which cant b fitted on the 1gb disc...so again u can play limited amt of games...

Chennai TE members,
tell me some reliable shops where i can get a 1.50 firmware Black PSP.
calling superczar,saiyan..
and just wanted to ask PSP owners if the PSP is good as an mp3 player(sound quality) and does the screen turn off while playin music)
Plus can it be carried comfortably in college without bulging in ur pocket?
any help appreciated

well the pocket size depends on your pocket...but yup its heavy....ard 300-400gm.....
and yup the downside is it does play music but its not as loud...also xternal speakers sucks......

but beleive me overall its a nice buy....and yup u keep the autoscreen off system on....and it switches off.....

well u wont get firmware 1.5 as whole........but any buy with firmware 1.51,1.52 or max 2.0 is good........since only then u can downgrade........

a strict no-no for firmware 2.50

Back