Is this the Sleep or the Power button on Logitech MK295?

Pimpom

Disciple
I need a new wireless keyboard-mouse combo and am considering the Logitech MK295. I had an MK270r some time ago and the keyboard layout appears to be identical. But there's something I've forgotten about the MK270r and would like to make sure of first.

The hotkey in the image has a symbol that usually stands for IN/OUT or ON/OFF in electrical/electronic products. On my current (cheap wired) keyboard, it functions as the Power (Shutdown) button. But I seem to recall that on the MK270r it worked as the SLEEP button. This may be a minor matter for many users but it's important to me.

Is anyone using any of the MK270r/275/295 combos and can say for sure whether it's the Sleep or the Power (shutdown) button?

Hotkey.png

You can customize the functionality of that button in "Power Options" under Hardware settings in Control Panel. There is an option called "choose what the power button does" or something similar, where you can choose whether the computer shuts down or sleeps when that button is pressed.

Thanks for the reply. I knew about that option in CP and use the Power button on the CPU to shut down when I use a keyboard without a dedicated power key. Much better than three mouse clicks. But I never mentally connected those CP options with the keyboard Power key. Silly of me.

The 3 power keys - Power, Sleep and Wake Up - were practically universal in the old days but are quite rare now. My current keyboard is a cheap wired one by Lapcare. I chose it solely because it's the only model I could find with all the functions I want: Volume Up/Down, Calculator, Sleep, Power. Some keyboards provide these functions as combinations of a function key and F keys but I much prefer dedicated buttons.

Thanks again.

Info; I've never needed to use the power button shortcut before on the keyboard, but while picking it up I accidentally hit that button, I then noticed the shutdown was different and much quicker, not like I had held the power button on the pc itself fast, more like going into sleep mode, but definitely shutting down.

Back