Is this watch a good buy ???

iq6886 said:
I want to buy a good watch with metal strap. I was looking thru amazon & found this watch:

Amazon.com: Invicta Men's 6620 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel White Dial Watch: Watches

KMD quoted me 4.3k for it...

I mainly like it's date & day feature & it's stainless steel strap....

What do you guys think, is it worth ?? Is Invicta brand good ??

Any other choices I have....

invicta is a very good luxury brand , but the thing is its not so popular here in india ,

i wud suggest u to get any good watch under 6k from SEIKO or CASIO brands ,

and the one which u listed of invicta , i personally didnt like it much at all , looks like a ladies watch :p , i mean the crown is small for a guy and for 4.3k , u can get a good casio watch for around the same price with indian warranty from indian dealers as well

thanks

eBay Seller: green valley786: Branded, tag heuer items on eBay India

eBay Seller: ecasio: Watches, Everything Else items on eBay India

2 good indian dealers of casio watches , quite trustworthy looking at their feedback

Actually my reason for selecting Invicta is only because it's not available in India ( i can atleast say to ppl , I bought it when i was in phoren.. :p )

About it looking like a ladies watch : Actually smaller dials suit me as I'm 5'6" , so 43mm will look good in my hand...

BTW If u were to compare brands only, how would they go , SEIKO, CASIO , INVICTA ??? ( without considering warranty & on overall Global scale )...

BTW my budget is only 5k....

globally SEIKO is the most popular brand , being the oldest ,

casio is also very popular name all over especially it G- shock series ,

invicta though a very good brand , is not so popular globally mainly because of its limited availability

in short seiko and casio are established names and even a noob in watches wud have heard of the same names over n over again ,

whereas only a few people interested in watch brands may know that even a brand called invita exists ,

and if u r getting a watch just to show off that its bought from phoren land , then u can even buy a seiko and still say that coz its hard to find good seiko watches in India

most of the imported brands are available in india in the grey market atleast- read smuggled

invicta may be passed off as a cheap chinese brand by some of ur friends :p

the choice is yours

and if u want to import it , u can visit this site Buy Watch Online, Seiko watches Casio Citizen Watch Mens Chronograph Automatic Diver Kinetic Eco Perpetual Calendar Aqualand Premier Arctura Sportura Protrek g shock Promaster Womens Watches

its a singapore based website, vry reliabe , they do ship to india as well , free registered parcel or 20$ EMS- express mail service , ,

i had a talk with their online sales person as well - Mr Jason regarding shipping to india and custom clearance ,

he told me that they usually undervalue the parcel so as to avoid any customs , but if at all they have to charge custom duty , it wud be anywhere in the range of 500-1000 Rs for 100-150$ watch

OK.. Then I'll look for any good deal for SEIKO.... as of now I don't find any good watch in 100$ max price range...

btw hv u bought from this site ??

iq6886 said:
Actually my reason for selecting Invicta is only because it's not available in India ( i can atleast say to ppl , I bought it when i was in phoren.. :p )

About it looking like a ladies watch : Actually smaller dials suit me as I'm 5'6" , so 43mm will look good in my hand...

BTW If u were to compare brands only, how would they go , SEIKO, CASIO , INVICTA ??? ( without considering warranty & on overall Global scale )...

BTW my budget is only 5k....

43/44mm is by no means small! They might not be a premium brand but they're solid watches and finished quite well.

Back