Android Issue: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Stuck At Asus Logo

StygianClaw

Disciple
Jun 13, 2021
Yes its an Indian unit. I had OTA upgraded the phone to the latest available version. I think that wasnt a beta image. I would have remembered. I dont think I was even offered a beta image to upgrade to.
Then no worries, you can use the version I linked above. The Android 10 Beta was opt-in and could not be installed via OTA AFAIK.
Also how did you install this? Just clicked some batch file in the downloaded ROM file like in the videos on youtube I linked? Or used some software? I cant find an authoritative guide to flashing the original roms onto the phone even on xda.
I had TWRP installed, so I used this guide on XDA after downloading the images from the ASUS site. You can also save the image on the SDCard and flash it via the stock recovery (If you can access it). Else, you'll need to use those batch files.
Curious. Why did you revert from Pixel Experience?
The phone was my sister's. I gifted her a new phone and decided to sell the old one here in TE. Before selling, I spent some time playing around with custom ROMs and reverted to stock for the purpose of the sale.

Reactions: bornlibra23

bornlibra23

Disciple
Apr 27, 2022
Okay thanks for your explicit help. On a related now I request that once I have the phone running again please help me with rooting & ROMs on the phone.

Reactions: StygianClaw

bornlibra23

Disciple
Apr 27, 2022
Of course man. Go right ahead. Do keep it short otherwise it will mix the information. You can also create your own thread to talk about the specifics.

Reactions: sauravghosh