Graphic Cards Issue - Palit HD 4850 Sonic Vertical Red Lines

Apocalyp5e

The End is Nigh
Disciple
Hi guys ,

i am getting a strange issue with my Gfx card i am getting vertical red lines at boot and small red blocks on the screen after boot up is this a known issue with ATI (Palit) cards. some times it boots up perfectly without any red lines but most of the time i am getting this issue. Other then that whenever i start a game the game freezes and i get a warning that card is not responding should i go for RMA since the card is just 1 year old.

I have checked my motherboard PSU by installing other card and everything works perfect.

screen shot

redlines.jpg

a simple check and you need to RMA the card. just unplug the moniter from the system (leave the power line)and leave it and observe if you are getting any lines leave it for some time, or check when you do see the lines ... if you see no lines then contact your dealer you bought from or palit if in warranty to replace the card.

Hi kolguy, thanks for the reply.

I have tested my monitor and there is no problem with my monitor. I tried to run the same card on other monitors and m getting same issue. The problem here is, that the issue is not persistent. Some times it boots up just fine.

if its intermitant at the best you can try from palit website if there is any card specific update... if there is none then you need to RMA ... dont think there is any other way of fixing .... you can probably try reseating the card after cleaning the slot but there is 100% assurance that it will work., might give you a temp fix.

Its a problem with ur gfx card. I had a similar problem and RMA'd my card when it started becoming more persistent.

If it starts getting more persistent, RMA the gfx card.

cheers.

Even i had the same problem....When i went for RMA the tirupathi guys told that my some of the video memory has gone corrupt...Depending on how much memory has gone corrupt the failure will vary....sometimes if the system access the data from proper memory then the system boots fine otherwise it will show those red vertical lines,.,...,

Its better u RMA ASAP as palit is no longer partner of ATI

Back