Issue with configuring Static IP in Rack Server

xyberneo

Recruit
Hi Folks,

I recently brought Aritel vFiber and got a static IP complimentary with my plan.

I am having issue in configuring the ip, i have configured wan0 with that static ip and it is being reflected when i check with my laptop with the lan cable attached.

I am using a DELL R730xd here and installing cPanel in it, the installation goes flawlessly, the only issue is that i suppose inbound traffic is restricted on it, i have tried port mapping for port 2087 (this port contains WHM in case of cPanel iinstallation) but i get connection refused message on it, all ports that i try give the same message.

I saw people using bridge mode in the router in some forum posts, is using a bridge mode the only way, if yes, do i need a lan switch with it or an additional router. I used bridge mode without any additional hardware but the issue is that, in that case, only 1 port is activated in bridge mode and that is not feasible for me since i need 2 ports, 1 for the server and one for its iDRAC

If i take 2 ips and turn the router back to bridge mode, that is fine ?

In bridge mode, is outgoing and incoming traffic allowed by default and ports like 80, 443 etc are open ? if not, what is the way to do it ?

It is my first encounter with static ip provisioning, so i have almost no knowledge.

Help in getting it done will be much appreciated.

Hi Folks,

I recently brought Aritel vFiber and got a static IP complimentary with my plan.

I am having issue in configuring the ip, i have configured wan0 with that static ip and it is being reflected when i check with my laptop with the lan cable attached.

I am using a DELL R730xd here and installing cPanel in it, the installation goes flawlessly, the only issue is that i suppose inbound traffic is restricted on it, i have tried port mapping for port 2087 (this port contains WHM in case of cPanel iinstallation) but i get connection refused message on it, all ports that i try give the same message.

I saw people using bridge mode in the router in some forum posts, is using a bridge mode the only way, if yes, do i need a lan switch with it or an additional router. I used bridge mode without any additional hardware but the issue is that, in that case, only 1 port is activated in bridge mode and that is not feasible for me since i need 2 ports, 1 for the server and one for its iDRAC

If i take 2 ips and turn the router back to bridge mode, that is fine ?

In bridge mode, is outgoing and incoming traffic allowed by default and ports like 80, 443 etc are open ? if not, what is the way to do it ?

It is my first encounter with static ip provisioning, so i have almost no knowledge.

Help in getting it done will be much appreciated.
Only 1 port can be made bridge port..this is with all isp those who provide their own router and some even don't....u will then have to attach a switch to it

Hello
Only 1 port can be made bridge port..this is with all isp those who provide their own router and some even don't....u will then have to attach a switch to it
Thanks for the reply,

As all ports unlocked by default in bridge mode or i have to do it manually ?

U will have to make one port in bridge port manually.
Can you clarify, what i am trying to ask is, post setting up the router in bridge mode, will the specific lan port, let's say lan1 have all ports open or additionally port forwarding is required even in bridge mode ?

Can you clarify, what i am trying to ask is, post setting up the router in bridge mode, will the specific lan port, let's say lan1 have all ports open or additionally port forwarding is required even in bridge mode ?
That i never had checked.....you will have to check that.

That i never had checked.....you will have to check that.
Hi,

Used TpLink SG105S switch through port 4 of wifi router, this is the newest router at the moment, 6 antenna Huwei Airtel xtream fiber, and in bridge mode, all ports are unlocked by default, ask airtel for bridge mode, because if you try to do it from router settings page, it does not work, they configure it from backend then only the bridge mode will work.

Keeping it here so that someone else in need could find this, so that the time it took for me, it gets better for them.

Cheers !

Back