Monitors Issue with Monitor display

dexterz

Adept
It looks like the left end of my monitor display seems to be degraded compared to my right half. Noticed it while I was watching the IPL stream. Its a Benq EW2750 about 8~9years old. Switched to the other HDMI port and its still the same. Not sure if this is just monitor issue due to age or some other fault.
Has anyone else faced this? Is it time to change the monitor or fixable like maybe driver issue?
the left side seems to be more pixelated than the right. reinstalling the driver didnt help

Last edited:
You can't show the problem that you're facing on your monitor via screenshots to us. If I shoot a bullet through my monitor and I take a screenshot, you won't be able to tell it because you're only capturing the output from your pc lol. Not the screen that you're seeing on your monitor. You need to take pictures and post them.

But just seeing what you've sent, I personally don't see anything wrong

apologies. i didnt think of that. is this any better?

20240414_235148.jpg

20240414_235158.jpg

Does seem to have more horizontal banding on the upper image.

What input does it use? HDMI by the note above...
In that case, seems to be some degradation...

Does seem to have more horizontal banding on the upper image.

What input does it use? HDMI by the note above...
In that case, seems to be some degradation...
yes HDMI. Seems to be worst towards the left end and gradually fading to normal display towards right. let me try our age old method of power cycle.

photo of LoL launcher icon on left and right side of the monitor.

Attachments

• 20240415_001301.jpg
    20240415_001301.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240415_001307.jpg
    20240415_001307.jpg
    754.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
To my layman eyes, seems to be backlight leak between the darker pixels, as it is slightly less apparent in the relatively brighter parts of the image even on the left side of the monitor.

Dunno if there is any fix...

To my layman eyes, seems to be backlight leak between the darker pixels, as it is slightly less apparent in the relatively brighter parts of the image even on the left side of the monitor.

Dunno if there is any fix...
Will check if it's any better in the morning else might be time to replace it if it can't be fixed. Three fourth of the monitor from the left seems to be affected in a gradient manner.
looks like there is no change. monitor is pixelating moving from right to left and on the left most, I can see the refresh effect.

Last edited:
had the monitor checked out by a tv repair guy. apparently one of the COF on the pcb is shorting and causing the flickering. its either spend 3~4k to fix that COF or 7~8k to replace the whole display panel. 3month service guarantee.

The problem with this monitor is that it doesn't ship to everywhere, even in the nearest big city(Guwahati, Assam) to me.
hope they ship to chennai, else LG ultragear it will be. it went OOS for my pincode after i placed the order. was showing deliverable to my relatives pincode in chattisgarh

Back