PC Peripherals Issue with Touchpad for my HP OMEN

anand_mayank

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Need your help to see how to resolve issue with touchpad for my OMen

Issue: the touchpad is laggy and sometimes it doesnt repsonds, i tried doing the usual fixes and even reached out to the HP care, they sent a support guy who said there was grounding issue and reset the component.

However, after a while issue came back, has anyone else face this issue ? Currently the HP care said they will replace the touchpad component, but i am worried if it might be an issue with the model itself .

Any suggestions or insights will be highly appreciated.

Disabling and re-enabling the touchpad using the keyboard shortcut will temporarily fix the issue. This issue seems to happen to specific Omen & Victus models.

As you said, this is definitely grounding-related. Refer to this Reddit post for the permanent fix. I do not think that replacing the touchpad will help.

I too noticed this on a Victus that I got for my sister. However, before fixing the grounding, I applied a full-body honeycomb wrap on it (including the touchpad area). After this, the issue seemed to go away and so I left the laptop as it is.

Thank you so much for the response. Since the laptop is just 3 months old. i feel a little hesitant in using the wire hack. i might use the wrap . i anyway use it in the back . will use complete , seems to be a static issue for sure. Thanks again :)

Back