Issues with adguard dns

So for a long time I've been using dns.adguard.com to block ads on my Android phone. But lately I am noticing a lot of videos this that simply don't load when that dns is on. I turn it off, they play fine. Any alternative dns which doesn't affect usage?
Thanks

If you want a general recommendation, then Quad9 is great.

General adblocking DNS services are quite problematic. Used to have the same issue with the general DNS where a lot of regular websites would fail to load.

May be you can use the Adguard DNS app when needed.
So what are you using to block ads on phone now?
I see that Quad9 dns is not blocking any ads so for now sticking with next dns. Using a separate app for ad blocking is a bit annoying, especially when I think i noticed a bit of battery draining using adguard app (yes I did try it before)

The Blokada app is actually a bit worse than using the Adguard app on the phone in terms of performance and battery drain. Running your own DNS is fine, but it will have to be a cheap VPS or one hosted at home, which will be slower in terms of latency and performance.
You can't have the best performance for nearly nothing or free. Here's a snap of my local hosted DNS blocker.

1718651183547.png

Back