Issues with Idea cell connection

R0H!T

Adept
I bought my first GSM sim (Idea) somewhere in Nov-Dec 2005. I have changed handsets almost every year but am still using the first sim card and same number for almost 6 years. And I never faced any major issues till this year.

In July, I recharged Rs.98 GPRS pack but it was not activated in their system. Without any GPRS pack, !dea loots customers @ 4 paise / KB or Rs. 40.96 / MB. So my balance was wiped out within half day with just email-syncs. I had to contact their customer care everyday + mail them every alternate day for next 10-12 days to resolve this issue. And at the end they just returned my Rs.98 in the form of account balance because they could not activate the GPRS pack :facepalm: and my account balance that was cut @ 40/MB was not returned because I used GPRS when my plan was not active :wtf: But I thought a single issue in all these years is not a biggie.. So I continued with the service.

On 27 August, my outgoing stopped working suddenly and when I checked *212#, it displayed message 'Dear Idea subscriber, you are not a prepaid subscriber' :wtf: I have been a prepaid subscriber all my life and I have not changed my simcard till now. So how can I not be a prepaid subscriber out of the blue? :facepalm: Again I started calling their customer care everyday..mailed them everyday and it was resolved on 3rd Sept - after 8 days. I was without any outgoing facility (no other simcard) for a week due to no fault of my own! :mad:

On 7th Sept I received a message from Idea 'Dear Customer your document not received since activation. Kindly submit the documents at nearest Idea office to avoid interruption in the services' :wtf: I ignored the message on the first day. I received the same message on 8th and 9th. On 8th I again replied to the complaint mail but have received no response yet. The Customer Service has as always No Idea! On the fourth day i.e. today, Idea has stopped my service and anyone who calls me gets the message that my services are temporary shut off - which is embarrassing and most importantly causing a lot of inconvenience by making me unavailable as I don't have alternate number.

Since my outgoing is again stopped, I cannot send the message for MNP :facepalm: and I have about 100 rupees balance which I want to transfer to a different account before I stop Idea services - which I cannot do :facepalm:
As if tolerating the pathetic advts of Abhishek Bachchan wasn't enough torture :rofl:

What is the easiest way to restore the service? I am tired of the everyday CC calls and emails :(

And I want to change service provider for the first time....
- What is my next best option? Airtel / Vodafone..? I don't need any sms plans. Outgoing at 1 paisa per sec is enough. And a good cheap GPRS plan.
- Can I expect better service from other telecom providers or I may have to face similar headaches anyways so changing the service provider is not such a great idea? :S
- Is there any way I can screw Idea for all this? Like consumer forum complaint etc? is that in any way effective and worth the effort?
- Any other suggestions?

Re: Worst Idea Sirji...

Submit your documents. To activate your number back.
Choose airtel over vodafone.
Both are good /bad in their own respective areas.
Dont quiet know your area.
Else would have suggested you loop formerly called bpl.
Right now is the most cost effective in terms of malpractices.

Re: Worst Idea Sirji...

i think they just want you to resubmit your documents, all telcos are asking for resubmission of docs, 3 months back my spare airtel sim was also blocked as i didnt resubmit docs even after repeated SMS's and call from airtel :p

And how is Airtel 2G and 3G speed? Idea's 2G is pretty fast compared to a friend's Airtel. Also I hope Airtel does not randomly activate VASs and deduct balance (heard that in the past from friends)

I will submit the documents on Monday and see what happens

RVK2488 said:
And how is Airtel 2G and 3G speed? Idea's 2G is pretty fast compared to a friend's Airtel. Also I hope Airtel does not randomly activate VASs and deduct balance (heard that in the past from friends)

I will submit the documents on Monday and see what happens

If you are happy with your current provider except this documents thing then i would suggest you to stick with it, no telco is clean in this market, everyone will give you some or other headaches.

RS4 said:
If you are happy with your current provider except this documents thing then i would suggest you to stick with it, no telco is clean in this market, everyone will give you some or other headaches.

As I said in the first post, I was happy with the service until the recent incidents. And I am feeling exactly the same as you said - no telco is clean. That is why I am not sure changing the telco would solve my issue or not! Why do all companies suck so much :(

^because earlier companies used to get monthly payments on account of validity.
Most of the connection are prepaid with many of them having more than one connection.
So the expenditure some years earlier which was going in the pocket of one company now gets shared among many companies with No further guarantee of monthly increments in that account.
So they go about deliberately adding vas subscription to get the money.
High volume customers do not notice it but those who keep a check on it notice it.
Have read from a blog where in company bosses have instructed the lower ranks to do this job. :mad:

Go with either Airtel or Docomo.

Also, as RS4 says, no Telco provider is clean. I had problems with both Tata and Airtel, both activated VAS packs without my consent. In the case of Airtel, they refused to reverse the charges, so i stopped using the services, whereas with Docomo, at first they did not agree to do so, to which i just replied that I had not activated the services, also told them that I would complain to TRAI regarding the matter since confirmation from customers end is required for VAS activation. Got charges of 120 bucks for Callertune reversed (God know how many caller tunes were activated for 120 buck? Since each one is only 30 bucks! LOL)

Best, complain to the nodal officer. Or write a letter to AB, Jr!

Hey,

Same experience here as well with idea Maharashtra.

This team is useless and as you rightly said that they dont have any idea and not ready to get any idea.

I also stay in Maharashtra.

I tried

1)docomo -- speed is capped @ 128 and 3g is also speed capped.

2)Airtel --- speed is slowest and that famous balance cutting very much true.

3)Aircel good network and quite ok tariff.

but again slow gprs.

4) idea is what I am using currently.

When I started it last month.first they started those stupid calls activate this that.I sent sms to activate do not disturb and got reply no valid option on start dnd to 1909.

Called up great customer care.

He had said you can't activate it as you are just one month old on network.

Fired him and asked him to give call to senior, heard usual crap and threatened to call his nodal desk.

Fellow said why that and all this.

I fired him also as badly as never did before.still not giving nodal desk no.

So I asked him what is your full name and I asked am i asking your own no.??

Finally I got bored and call cut.

Within hour I got call from some dept. And was told that my dnd is activated.

SO FAR no nautanki.

5) bsnl if you know local exchange people.

Only then go for it.

Its pretty decent.

6)vodafone I have not yet dipped my toes their.but all guys recommended vodafone.

7) uninor if you feel it worthy.

Regarding your scenario.

Talk to nodal desk and see if it fixes issue.

See if visiting their office is of ny help.

My experience is those idea Maharashtra guys are just stupid and majalele Lok.

See if you find it worthy to deal.else port out to vodafone.

vivek.krishnan said:
Go with either Airtel or Docomo.

Best, complain to the nodal officer. Or write a letter to AB, Jr!

Thanks for the info and :rofl: at the above comment

pratikb said:
Regarding your scenario.

Talk to nodal desk and see if it fixes issue.

See if visiting their office is of ny help.

My experience is those idea Maharashtra guys are just stupid and majalele Lok.

See if you find it worthy to deal.else port out to vodafone.

Thanks a lot for the effort in writing all different experiences! And your observation about Idea guys is spot on! :lol:

After reading all the comments it seems that Idea is the lesser evil :p If there are no issues after I submit the docs, I will continue with it else go for Vodafone or Airtel :(

ggt said:
Dont be disappointed If you get airtel. You never know you might be surprised with airtel.

absolutely right,

they do surprise me for my billing connection every 4-6 months with better offers.

right now they offering 1.98 rs isd calls to usa @ 49 rs per month,

but i am happy with aircel 1ps to USA calls @ 59 rs per month.

RVK2488 said:
I bought my first GSM sim (Idea) somewhere in Nov-Dec 2005. I have changed handsets almost every year but am still using the first sim card and same number for almost 6 years. And I never faced any major issues till this year.

In July, I recharged Rs.98 GPRS pack but it was not activated in their system. Without any GPRS pack, !dea loots customers @ 4 paise / KB or Rs. 40.96 / MB. So my balance was wiped out within half day with just email-syncs. I had to contact their customer care everyday + mail them every alternate day for next 10-12 days to resolve this issue. And at the end they just returned my Rs.98 in the form of account balance because they could not activate the GPRS pack :facepalm: and my account balance that was cut @ 40/MB was not returned because I used GPRS when my plan was not active :wtf: But I thought a single issue in all these years is not a biggie.. So I continued with the service.

On 27 August, my outgoing stopped working suddenly and when I checked *212#, it displayed message 'Dear Idea subscriber, you are not a prepaid subscriber' :wtf: I have been a prepaid subscriber all my life and I have not changed my simcard till now. So how can I not be a prepaid subscriber out of the blue? :facepalm: Again I started calling their customer care everyday..mailed them everyday and it was resolved on 3rd Sept - after 8 days. I was without any outgoing facility (no other simcard) for a week due to no fault of my own! :mad:

On 7th Sept I received a message from Idea 'Dear Customer your document not received since activation. Kindly submit the documents at nearest Idea office to avoid interruption in the services' :wtf: I ignored the message on the first day. I received the same message on 8th and 9th. On 8th I again replied to the complaint mail but have received no response yet. The Customer Service has as always No Idea! On the fourth day i.e. today, Idea has stopped my service and anyone who calls me gets the message that my services are temporary shut off - which is embarrassing and most importantly causing a lot of inconvenience by making me unavailable as I don't have alternate number.

Since my outgoing is again stopped, I cannot send the message for MNP :facepalm: and I have about 100 rupees balance which I want to transfer to a different account before I stop Idea services - which I cannot do :facepalm:

As if tolerating the pathetic advts of Abhishek Bachchan wasn't enough torture :rofl:

What is the easiest way to restore the service? I am tired of the everyday CC calls and emails :(

And I want to change service provider for the first time....

- What is my next best option? Airtel / Vodafone..? I don't need any sms plans. Outgoing at 1 paisa per sec is enough. And a good cheap GPRS plan.

- Can I expect better service from other telecom providers or I may have to face similar headaches anyways so changing the service provider is not such a great idea? :S

- Is there any way I can screw Idea for all this? Like consumer forum complaint etc? is that in any way effective and worth the effort?

- Any other suggestions?
Pm me your contact # and email. I will try to restore your services. Do pm me any alternative # if your no is still blocked, coz Idea idiots will call u to fix it.

Once the services are restored, move ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neerajvohra said:
Pm me your contact # and email. I will try to restore your services. Do pm me any alternative # if your no is still blocked, coz Idea idiots will call u to fix it.

Once the services are restored, move ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, do you work @ Idea?

btw, can anyone tell me where can I find TRAI rules regarding document verification? I want to know what is the minimum period that a telco should provide a customer for submitting documents before they stop the service. I am pretty sure it's not 3 days. But I am not able to find it via google

And I have a query regarding Airtel and Vodafone GPRS -

Is there any option to automate the payment of Rs. 98 every month or we have to do it manually like Idea? Also, can I check the validity and data usage? This is not available on Idea :mad:

Every prepaid customer was requested to resubmit their docs again irrespective of how old the customer is... So your resubmitting the docs is a very normal thing and Idea is not delibrately trying to cause you any pain... It is in regards to the instructions that are given to the company after a series of Unfortunate terrorist activities...

And in regards to the GPRS thing can happen anywhere and at anytime and also on any carrier... So jsut forget about it...

Regarding the VFM "Idea" is the best... Idea has the best network coverage in Pune Period and am sure no one can say no to that... Vodafone in pune is pathetic (inspite of being a vodafone cust) - used their services for a year in pune.... Airtel should be avoided cause of the trouble you have to go through by just being their customer...

Considering the situation my advice to you is to stay with idea and submit your documents and forget about the porting thing or all the bad things that happened... No company will provide you better services than idea in pune...

PS: I am in no way related to Idea the company... I advising you from my friend's personal experiences with different companies

STAY AWAY from Vodafone:-

I'm nearly 8 year old customer with Orange >> Hutch>> Vodafone but they don't care & keep charging for service for which I got "SERVICE ALREADY DEACTIVATED" mail from official VODAFONE mail id. They just don't care CUSTOMERS as they were before. The height with Vodafone Customer Care is that they NEVER able to CONNECT you (see Vodafone twitter replies) once you contact them with COMPLAINT but they can contact you any time any where if you wish to change from Prepaid to POST-PAID or wish to Activate any service.

Now I plan to use MNP & move to AirTel or Reliance.

@lida

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I know Idea's service is pretty good (compared to others). That's the reason I have not changed it in last 5-6 years. It's just that I am angry due to multiple incidents in short period of time :( tbh, I have no clue what to expect from other telcos coz I don't have any first hand experience. I think I need to calm down and continue with Idea as there is no better option :(

Still I think stopping the service within 3 days was a bit too much :mad:

Emperor said:
STAY AWAY from Vodafone:-

I'm nearly 8 year old customer with Orange >> Hutch>> Vodafone but they don't care & keep charging for service for which I got "SERVICE ALREADY DEACTIVATED" mail from official VODAFONE mail id. They just don't care CUSTOMERS as they were before. The height with Vodafone Customer Care is that they NEVER able to CONNECT you (see Vodafone twitter replies) once you contact them with COMPLAINT but they can contact you any time any where if you wish to change from Prepaid to POST-PAID or wish to Activate any service.

Now I plan to use MNP & move to AirTel or Reliance.

:O I thought Vodafone service is good..and that's why was considering it as an option. But after reading so many -ve reviews, I think I better say away as you said ;P

RVK2488 said:
@lida

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I know Idea's service is pretty good (compared to others). That's the reason I have not changed it in last 5-6 years. It's just that I am angry due to multiple incidents in short period of time :( tbh, I have no clue what to expect from other telcos coz I don't have any first hand experience. I think I need to calm down and continue with Idea as there is no better option :(

Still I think stopping the service within 3 days was a bit too much :mad:

:O I thought Vodafone service is good..and that's why was considering it as an option. But after reading so many -ve reviews, I think I better say away as you said ;P

I know that is a bit too much... but there is a possibility that when your phone was disconnected earlier it was because of the documents only... And your continuous calls and mails might have forced them to restart your services without documents and later the system might have cut you off again when it did not see the documents... If you connection was disconnected in just a period of 3 days then definately that must be the issue... The fact that you did not receive a message is another problem only... and CC fellow might not know why ur connection was cut...

Back