Issues with Linksys WRT54G

Metalspree

Skilled
hi folks seems tat my Linksys WRT54G is malfunctioning ,i was not able to go online using the router ,tried connect the hard way from router still nogo ,resetted the router still nogo everytime i connect the network cable from the internet port back of router my computer i get 169 ipaddress tired winsock reset nogo ,powerdrain nogo tried every step i knew still nogo but when i connect the airtel modem directly i am able to go online but thru the router nogo ,please help me regarding this do i have to send it for RMA

Is the power light on the WRT54G flashing?? When you reset it, how long did you hold down the reset button for? Make sure you hold it down for at least one minute. After which, unplug the power for the router, wait ten seconds and then replug the power. And you should be connecting your PC to one of the four number LAN ports, not the internet port. The internet port on the router is where your modem is connected to.

If none of the above works, give your PC a static IP of 192.168.1.10 and try to ping 192.168.1.1 If you get a reply, go to www.linksys.com/download and get the latest firmware for your router. Then go to ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network and grab the file called tftp.exe and using that utility try to upgrade the firmware on the router. Remember to reset the router for 1 minute after the firmware upgrade.

If you are unable to ping 192.168.1.1 after giving the PC a static IP, then it's quite possible your router is dead.

If the power light is not flashing, it's solid. If it's solid, that's usually a good sign. If the power light is flashing, it usually indicates that the router has crashed.

hi folks thanx a lot for ur replies, i called up linksys tech support ,he changed few settings updated the firmware and changed the ipaddress in the router as there was a conflict and i am up and running again but wasnt able to do port forwarding i did follow steps from portforward.com still nogo my ipaddress is 192.168.5.2 (of router) i am able to forward the modem ,the router nogo can some one help me plsssssss

Below are the screen shots of my settings so can some on help me with port forwarding

1) Port forwarding on Airtel Modem

2) My Router Setup Page

3) Router Port Forwarding Page

4) Router Status Page

5) TCP/IP Properties

6) Windows IP Configuration

Please help me regarding this my download speed in Utorrent is 15kBps while regular download is 32KBps

Back