Storage Solutions Issues with my HDDs please help

surinder1508

Disciple
Well guys I have 4X2TB HDDs in my PC.

Now the WD 2TB black giving me bad sectors resulting very slow computing and after recovering all of bad sectors using HDD regenerator they reoccur in few days and this process is going on. And I can't format n repartition that drive as I'm out of backup space for doing so.

And the one of WD 2TB green is giving me 2MB/ps write speed but read speed is normal. And HDD regenerator didn't found any bad sector in this drive but Windows gives me HDD error for that drive at the start-up some times and could not detect that drive in same computing session. Restart the PC drive got detected but always with very low write speed. Formatting and repartitioning did not resolve the issue either.

Both of these drives are out of warranty. What are my options please suggest.

Are your power and sata cables properly connect and are they tight enough??

You can scan the WD gree using HD tune, if bad sector is detected, use Vivard.

Alternatively you can scan the HDDs using MHDD

#thatsashok , ya mate, i have remapped numerous bad sectors (obviously n different HDD ), that too successfully.

Thanks for the info CA50, some of my old hdds had bad sectors and had no idea about reallocating those bad sectors. cheers
<

#CA50 There is a DELL laptop which probably has bad sectors. Did some tests, says "S.M.A.R.T= FAIL''. Cant find vivard in the Latest edition of Hirens boot cd. Have freshly installed Windows 7 64bit. Can you hook me with up with a software that can reallocate bad sectors?

#nish_pinto, the latest version of vivard is still 1.0 and you can get it from here : Download Vivard

The download files are not in a bootable image, so you have to get yourself a bootable DOS pen drive and launch vivard from there.

On second thought, Vivard is present in the Hiren Boot CD. Check here Dos Programs >HDD tools > Vivard 1.0

Post your update
<

#nish_pinto i haven't tried HDD regenerater, but with vivard, yes.

Actually the time consumption is directly proportional to the no. of sectors (which is again directly proportional to HDD size).

Because while remaping, the program will have to visit and scan each individual sectors on the HDD.

i.e. Time required ~ no of sectors ~ HDD size

Back