Graphic Cards it's dx10 but it shows dx9..??

cooler2005

Disciple
hi!

i'm in a dilemma...my gpu is MSI 250GTS 1GB...now the box says it is a DX10 card but when i saw it in the properties it does'nt say it's DX10...the PC is taking it as DX9....why is that..?? am i doing something wrong??

attached is the picture of properties box.

and another thing is that it shows 3262MB of RAM and what I bought was 4GB...can u plz tell me the reason...thanks

View attachment 10445

Attachments

• pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 83
thats because your using XP which does not support DX10....that page shows the DX version installed on the machine, nothing to do with the card...

The RAM usage is bcoz a 32-bit OS can use only ~3.25GB of RAM. For utilizing all 4GB RAM install 64-bit version of XP/VISTA/7

Why are u still using XP with such a good rig:S Install Win7 Ultimate :cool2:

Its normal, dxdiag shows OS specific information, regarding RAM its 32 bit OS limitation as upper half of available RAM is used for IO Mapping, intel Mobo manuals explained this. Nothing to worry,

Both the things are trying to convey you that dude its time to OS upgrade.

congrats, remember regarding RAM its limitation of all 32 bit OS, so to use that extram MBs you'll have to install Win7 64 bit.

btw....what is 32bit or 64bit os's dependent on? the motherboard or anything else? i just installed a 64bit windows 7 on my pc and it still shows 32 bit on the dxdiag screen...? why is that? is'nt my mobo supporting 64bit os?

I'll rather check it from my computer's property.

Is your dxdiag screen giving you an option to run 64 bit dxdiag, run that and check, if not than I doubt you have installed 32 bit version.

I can check my settings once I am home.

Back