Audio Jack replacement for the head direct re0 in Mumbai??

aashish07

Disciple
hey guys..the cord of my re0 got stuck in the meter of a rickshaw and the jack might have gotten loose..the problem is that no sounds comes from the left ear piece till i fiddle with the cord..theres no physical damage to the product..the drivers are still perfect because if i wrap my cord at an angle i can hear the sound in my left ear piece

the problem is that i got the re0 from lynx :eek:hyeah:...its under warranty but i kinda misplaced the bill..so even though mr amarbir has a copy of my bill,he refuses to replace it since he thinks im getting someone elses earphones replaced...he thinks im cheating him :bleh:..he knows i bought it from him and it would be no problem for him to get them replaced but sadly its lynx..
so i was thinkin of manually gettin the jack replaced..i live in Mumbai..so does anyone know a good reliable place to solder in a new jack..preferably the mold able jacks tht we have on the re0..i live in malad west btw and i dont mind travelling to somewhere far to get them replaced

ps: its caused me to go back to my ep-630 and the transition from a re0 to them is not pleasant :p

Soldering back a 3.5mm jack on these small earphones without affecting the sound is a difficult task. If done perfectly by someone who is an expert , it will sound as good as stock if not it will sound horrible with lot of noise .:p

I recommend you send a mail to Head-Direct and see if Fang can help. Tell him you bought it from Lynx and now they are not helping you with RMA. If Fang feels generous enough , He might ask you to send it back to China and send you replacement . :) Shipping to China will be ~300 bucks via EMS.

ya thats what i thought..thats why i was reluctant to get it repaired by a local electrical repair shop

i could try that...where should i mail it to?..could you provide me the web address for the customer care?

ohh yeah..i tried mailing them..a ms. T replied saying that i had to work something out with the dealer :(

ahh well i could try getting it repaired at jaben singapore or perhaps calling mr fang personally by getting hold of his or the shops number somehow

^Not worth the hassles. If you are visiting Jaben anytime soon , get it repaired by them .They are very well capable of doing it . Also finding a local guy with precise soldering skills also wouldn't be difficult ..Just need to find the right guy :p.

I had the same problem and ended buying up a new re0 :(

If you find someone who can fix your set...lemme know and ill also pay him a visit

nukeu666 said:
I had the same problem and ended buying up a new re0 :(

If you find someone who can fix your set...lemme know and ill also pay him a visit

sure..ill be going to singapore in a months time..so temme if u want it repaired by them..

theres no point arguing with lynx :).....plus i havent seen the mold able jacks(the ones with the wire molded inside) in mumbai and the jaben guys would do it a lot professionally

@fah33m u live in navi mumbai rite..pls temme if u find an experienced guy to do this..i dont mind travelling to navi mumbai for it....and thanks for the advice :)

It isn't rocket science or is it? I have never come across a high-end IEMs' jack replacement problem or at least till now.

Get a quality 3.5mm jack such as the ones from Neutrik like this one and have it done from the local electronics repair shop.

Unless there's something like some optical fibre inside the cable which may hamper the soldering, I don't think it should be hard. JM2C. :)

ya the problem was the availability of a high quality 3.5mm jack..i searched lammy road and other places for a good quality jack but all i found was the cheap rs 30-50 jacks that im pretty sure werent durable enough

i contacted furtados the music store about the neutrik jacks...they use their connectors for the various tube amps and told me they could get me a neutrik 3.5mm jack..and ill also try bajaoo.com

The high quality 3.5mm jack alone would not do the work if whole/partially cable is faulty. I would say try to find whole cable along with fitted jack then get it replaced by a professional if soldering work can be done inside the drivers chamber.

Post on head-fi some would surely help you.There are guides to replace cables the DIY way.You could pass the guide to the a friend who is good at soldering.

Back