JetSpot Bhubaneswar - ₹1199 -10Mbps and 2Mbps FUP - Amazing!

rahul141

Recruit
My dad just came to know and showed me a brochure which was written 60Mbps. I almost fell and started looking at it. Its JetSpot Networks FTTH brochure for our apartment which shows plans upto 60Mbps.

I immediately checked their website, and found the Fiber Plans,
http://www.jetspot.in/jetspot-fiber-plans/

The plans are really promising. They are currently doing the implementation in our apartment and they have done it in 3 other apartments, where we got the reviews, me and few of my other gaming friends.
Its truly amazing and feels like Orissa has finally got the internet giant who would help we speed buffs.

I signed up for the their 1199 plan, which is 10Mbps till 20GB and then full unlimited at 2Mbps.
Im so happy and excited to get connected next week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 896
My dad just came to know and showed me a brochure which was written 60Mbps. I almost fell and started looking at it. Its JetSpot Networks FTTH brochure for our apartment which shows plans upto 60Mbps.

Created Id today, First thread about some new ISP. I believe you & no member on this Forum should call OP a company person. I dare anyone if they say so :p

Created Id today, First thread about some new ISP. I believe you & no member on this Forum should call OP a company person. I dare anyone if they say so :p
If its offesive it may be deleted. im just a frustrated bsnl customer for years and overjoyed today. p.s im no company person. i wish i had get paid for this.

Don't you have any better plans in your city? Those plans are no where close to being decent.

I mean 2499/- for a 15 Mbps plan with 60GB FUP?
I pay the same amount for a 100 Mbps plan with 300GB FUP limit and 6Mbps after the limit. Granted that ACT has some of the best plans in the country, I still think that you should be able to do better than that.
4 years back, I was paying 1499/- for a 20 Mbps plan.

Don't you have any better plans in your city? Those plans are no where close to being decent.

I mean 2499/- for a 15 Mbps plan with 60GB FUP?
I pay the same amount for a 100 Mbps plan with 300GB FUP limit and 6Mbps after the limit. Granted that ACT has some of the best plans in the country, I still think that you should be able to do better than that.
4 years back, I was paying 1499/- for a 20 Mbps plan.
You've been spoilt by ACT or Beam, whichever you have now.[emoji5]
I am paying 2841 plus taxes for BSNL 8mbps till 175GB.
Even if you compare these plans to usual offerings from regular ISPs, they are quite good, especially the post-FUP speed.

The lowest home plan of JetSpot are priced around 1.5K after tax. Their fiber plans need 50 connection minimum from a society/apartment which isn't really possible for many.

The most affordable plans with decent service in Bhubaneswar are being offered by Railwire currently.

Last edited:
Which areas are being served right now?
When I was in Bhubaneswar, I had the 768kbps/₹900 connection from Ortel.
@Lord Nemesis Not everyone is lucky to be in Hyderabad/Bangalore/Chennai. In Tier-II cities, internet is extremely crappy.

^^ Its not about city tiers. The first time I have experienced broadband (Fiber optics infrastructure and speeds up to 1 Mbps) was back in 2001 in Guntur, AP. I already had dial up internet access for 2 years by that time though a variety of ISP's (Netlinx, VSNL, Sify, Pioneer and others) and every nook and corner had a cyber cafe. Hyderabad did not even have proper dial up internet access by the time Guntur started getting broadband speeds. Guntur has less population than Bhubaneswar and it is not a capital of any state. All it had going for it was that it was an education hub. Though its presently not as great as Hyderabad in terms of best internet plans, I can still see a lot of competition there.

So, maybe lack of demand and competition is what is responsible the present state of Bhubeneswar.

^^ Lack of competition, not demand. Even Bhubneswar is an education hub (100+ engineering colleges). Even Jio set up its first wifi hotspot in Bhubaneswar in the east India. Such ISPs are expected as the city is growing as an IT hub.

Back