CPU/Mobo Jetway M2A692-GDG problem

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well from the day i bought this i had some unluck with this mobo.....i want to know is it common or i need to Rma the piece??

1...on ide slot i have connected benq1640......no pata disk...but system on start take 40-50 seconds detecting it.....detcting ide for around 50 seconds..whereas sata stuff gets detected in msec

2::sometimes i experience cold boot problem...comp starts all fans movinfg but no response on lcd..than i have to do those 4-5 second hold to shut..and then press again the power on button ..if luky 2nd times it work or most probably fourth or 5th time....

3::It takes another minute showing me those windows media center loading screen........whereas on my earlier board that used to last not more than 15-20 seconds......

in all start up takes around easily 4-5 minutes.....

bios is of jan month(will try the april month one but need to write on cd as winflash gives error while flashing)..and i m using 6600gt on setup.......do i need to disable onboard display if so how do i????

Winflash does not work with the bios loaded on the mobo for some reason.

Download 005a05 bios. It solves the ide detection issue.

It also has lot more options in Bios.

By default awdflash wont flash the bios. Make sure you remove the write protect from extra misc settings in bios first.

Then also you will get error in awdflash that the biod does not match the mobo.

You will have to so force flash.

After force flash all small glitched that were there with stock bios went away. Lot more chipset options available too after flash.

And if you didnt know. The awdflash comman is 'awdflash.exe 005A05.bin /f'

You will need bootable floppy or usb key.

I used bootable usb key with latest version of awdflash.

This tool will make bootable USB keys.
Just remember it will first time format the USB key. You can even use a card reader.
Just use this program. Make sure you click on Create boot files option. Once its done formating, remove your USB key. Reinsert it. And then proceed with copying AWDFLASH program and bios file.
Reboot the pc and make sure you select USB HDD as 1st bootable HDD in bios. Thats it. You are done.

Attachments

• mbrtool.zip
    751.5 KB · Views: 177
privatepyle82 said:
I have just ordered the same MoBo. Is this a common problem and shud i cancel my order?
hey ! somebody answer the poor guy's question.....I for one am not too sure abt whether it is the most reliable board available.

@privatepyle82, the board does seem to have issues without the Bios updates but as suggested by Funky a simple bios update takes care of all the problems

well i tried funky stuff but my frnd usb is not detected with it..so tried with bootable 98 windows........i was able to update to 16th april bios.....but the one u mentioned funky it doesnt allow...when i tried forced flashing it gave the message donot restart and all...but no flashing took place......

ill tried the stuff again.....but my bootable cd is also giving answer ......its almost dead most of the time it doesnt takes me in dos.....

regarding the new guy......i would suggest stay away from the board....as i find it really tough to update stuff...when 1 works other fails and so on......

magnet said:
Well from the day i bought this i had some unluck with this mobo.....i want to know is it common or i need to Rma the piece??

1...on ide slot i have connected benq1640......no pata disk...but system on start take 40-50 seconds detecting it.....detcting ide for around 50 seconds..whereas sata stuff gets detected in msec

2::sometimes i experience cold boot problem...comp starts all fans movinfg but no response on lcd..than i have to do those 4-5 second hold to shut..and then press again the power on button ..if luky 2nd times it work or most probably fourth or 5th time....

3::It takes another minute showing me those windows media center loading screen........whereas on my earlier board that used to last not more than 15-20 seconds......

in all start up takes around easily 4-5 minutes.....

bios is of jan month(will try the april month one but need to write on cd as winflash gives error while flashing)..and i m using 6600gt on setup.......do i need to disable onboard display if so how do i????
facing the same problem! whats up with this?

seems like a motherboard issue, i rembr old gigabye 6150 mobo had a similar problem where one would have to press the power button after a cold boot for a few seconds

okkay i have solved 1 problem....regarding cold booting.....

its related to memory slot the fittings are not that tight......u need to be doubly sure memory modules are damn intact though they look....apply pressure to notch which locks the rams.....

regarding the bios which funky mentioned flashed it..but still facing the same ide detection problem.....

zhop u not facing any probs with cd rom detction(sata drive??)

also in how much time system boots up???

so definately something wrong with the board........

from where did u get the board from????

will rma and get a backup am2 board

Got it from prime. Along with 2 other boards for my friends. All are working great.

Does the diagnostic display light up during cold boot? Have you tried the onboard graphics? Does it work if you remove the dvd-rw?

magnet said:
okkay i have solved 1 problem....regarding cold booting.....

its related to memory slot the fittings are not that tight......u need to be doubly sure memory modules are damn intact though they look....apply pressure to notch which locks the rams.....

regarding the bios which funky mentioned flashed it..but still facing the same ide detection problem.....

zhop u not facing any probs with cd rom detction(sata drive??)

also in how much time system boots up???

yeah i suspected that.. I used to remove my mem sticks n insert them again.. will try seating them firmly.. thanks..

Back