Jio Fiber, Airtel Xtream, Local or any other

TigerKing

Disciple
Currently on MTNL 6mbps (160 gb fup) @₹699 (Mumbai)

Now jio fiber available in our location.
which is best plan to choose?
Jio fiber 699 or airtel xtream799 or anything else
(i can also consider 30 or 40 mbps plan) (for simultaneous devices 6 mobiles and 3 laptops FHD) (no 4k tv as of now)

Also need some clarification on speeds all day (is it constant?)
Exact FUP limit for all those plans? (Are they truly unlimited or FUP is hidden as it is not mentioned on their respective site)
what devices I get, WiFi router or modem or any extra?
what OTT services and which plan do I get (need Amazon Prime, Disney+ hotstar, Zee5, Sony) (no Netflix)
(how to access these OTT services? mobile number, existing account of respective OTT or box provide by Jio or Airtel?)

Purchasing before or in Diwali, mostly in November.
please notify me about any sales and discount during this festive season.

Not have personal experience with any service providers at your place.

But from lot of read,review, user talk.. I found Airtel Broadband service is best of all, pay little more and peace of mind.

I am on 120 Mbps with 700 GB/month on Hathway in Mumbai. It is 2525 for 4 months.

60 Mbps with 1.2 TB/month is 1824 for 4 months.

It is not officially listed, so you will have to get it out of them. Speed and FUP is usually 20% higher than stated in the plan (50/100 Mbps). Availability may depend on area.

Last edited:
I am on 120 Mbps with 700 GB/month on Hathway in Mumbai. It is 2525 for 4 months.

60 Mbps with 1.2 TB/month is 1824 for 4 months.

It is not officially listed, so you will have to get it out of them. Speed and FUP is usually 20% higher than stated in the plan (50/100 Mbps). Availability may depend on area.

Where in Mumbai you are? Station?

... and hathway want me to buy 6 Month Pack (50Mbps + 500 GB) @ Rs.4436/-....

but in past they provides - instead of 50 Mbps (5Mbps) and in place of 500GB (220GB) Only.

.. now I didn't fall in their trap since last 2 month and everyday they call me so many times

Latest Update: Now Hathway CC called me and told that he can provide me any Plan at rate I wish but if Technical Team didn't provide me service then that will be NOT HIS LOOK OUT .... god save from such type of service providers.

Last edited:
Where in Mumbai you are? Station?

... and hathway want me to buy 6 Month Pack (50Mbps + 500 GB) @ Rs.4436/-....

but in past they provides - instead of 50 Mbps (5Mbps) and in place of 500GB (220GB) Only.

.. now I didn't fall in their trap since last 2 month and everyday they call me so many times
My friends and I have these plans across the western suburbs. So if you are located anywhere along that line, you should be able to get the plan. The problem is the sales representatives don't provide the plan upfront. You will have to specifically ask for their 3+1 month free plans.

My friends and I have these plans across the western suburbs. So if you are located anywhere along that line, you should be able to get the plan. The problem is the sales representatives don't provide the plan upfront. You will have to specifically ask for their 3+1 month free plans.

are both of you took Hathway Plan for First Time?

Hathway is very good for FIRST time subscribers, as you Shift from existing service providers to hathway... once you are old.. then they start showing you their TRUE COLOR

are both of you took Hathway Plan for First Time?

Hathway is very good for FIRST time subscribers, as you Shift from existing service providers to hathway... once you are old.. then they start showing you their TRUE COLOR
No, I am a 3-time subscriber. But yeah, it totally depends on the local provider. Mine has always been good in terms of up time and speed. I only switched to other ISPs for testing. I manage to get the offers by not renewing close to the due date.

However, my friend got them by insisting on only these plans. So you will just have to get it out of them.

Mention location.

As for router - if you can get the TP Link M5 Decos - someone is selling for 12K - get them. Its a steal and too good.

Where in Mumbai are you located? Asking for my reference.
Where are you located in Mumbai? Asking for my reference.
+1 for Airtel. It may cost a lil more than jio but you get more than advertised speeds, not being a net nanny, unlike Jio which blocks websites, and has relatively poor routing.

My complex finally has both Jio & Airtel fiber. Here are my conversation with them

1) Jio - Informed 1 month free, security deposit either 2.5k or 1.5k depending upon the 4k box. If I continue with the plan, then 1k will be taken as installation charges. However, if I decide to cancel within a month, they will refund the complete amount.
2) Airtel - 1k as installation charges, however, if I opt for 799 plan for 3 months (advance 3 months), then installation charges will be waived. I have opted for this.

Note: I have Archer C6, will be using it as a WDS bridge

Last edited:
Back