Jio Fiber, Airtel Xtream, Local or any other

1) Jio - Informed 1 month free, security deposit either 2.5k or 1.5k depending upon the 4k box. If I continue with the plan, then 1k will be taken as installation charges. However, if I decide to cancel within a month, they will refund the complete amount
So for the basic plan you have to pay 1.5k security deposit, and if you cancel you get 1.5k back. But if you continue, in the second month you have to pay an additional 1k for installation? Or is it adjusted from the initial 1.5k and then your pending security deposit with them is ₹500? And that 500 is refundable any time you cancel?

So for the basic plan you have to pay 1.5k security deposit, and if you cancel you get 1.5k back. But if you continue, in the second month you have to pay an additional 1k for installation? Or is it adjusted from the initial 1.5k and then your pending security deposit with them is ₹500? And that 500 is refundable any time you cancel?
It will be adjusted. If you cancel post 1st month you will recieve 500 back.

Last edited:
Here is an update. Finally got it installed (Airtel). My complex wiring was too good, so fiber connection wires are hidden inside the walls, except the final part where it connects to the Nokia router

Pros
1) Awesome service, called the guy, paid online and next day technician visited and completed the installation.
2) Opted for 3 months plan of 799, so no installation fee. One need to pay all in advance including GST.
3) Speed is awesome, getting 100 to 110 Mbps in 5Ghz and around 40 Mbps in 2.5 Ghz (tested via fast.com)
4) Instant playback in youtube, Netflix, Hotstar, and all streaming service
5) For the heck of it, tried to connect 1TB ext hd which was lying around for a while (after upgrading to SSD on my laptop), to my surprise, it is working brilliantly. Can connect via ftp or play in Kodi or vlc using DLNA / Upnp

Cons
1) Nokia router Wifi range is not great. If I sit near the router, getting good speed and if I move away, say 5 meter, it drops rapidly. Applicable both to 2.5 & 5 Ghz
2) Have archer c6 which was used for cable internet, tried to establish WDS, for reasons I dunno why, I could do only in 2.5Ghz. I kept this router on next room where the speed from Nokia router is around 10 to 15 Mbps, which is a bummer. Now decent speed all around the house
3) Planning to connect both the routers via LAN cable, as archer c6 have a better speed & range

Anything else required, let me know. I will try to provide all the information. Overall happy with Airtel so far

Airtel not in my area but Jio is exceptional, at least for now. 1500 without STB I think. First month free. speed is 70-100mbps constant.
From my personal experience however opt for a service which has office nearby.

Back