Jio Gigafiber rollout

Firstly, I dont think Jio has plans to give non FUP connections at all. They plan to charge for data use, not eat all you want. The unlimited offer is of no use, since the speeds will be capped at international gateway, as they have done with JioFI/Jio4G

My building society gave me the contact number of someone I have been in touch with since February. Finally someone called me from their end a week ago saying they are rolling the service out finally and would like to install it at my place
@sjaveri Hey Sahil, Glad to see your experience with Jio Fiber. - Mate could you share the details of the Contact for Jio Fiber, I might as well get it for my Locality albeit not at Napean Sea Road ;-)

https://www.newsient.com/reliance-jio-fiber-broadband-service/1255

The following broadband plans are expected by Jio Fiber

The budget offers (Valid for 30 days) :
  • Jio Fiber Offer 1: 600GB @15mbps with free App usage - Rs 500/-
  • Jio Fiber Offer 2: 500GB @25mbps with free App usage- Rs 1000/-
  • Jio Fiber Offer 3: 3.5GB/day with free App- Rs 500/-
  • Jio Fiber Offer 4: 72 hours @60mbps with free App usage- Rs 500/-
  • Jio Fiber Offer 5: 10 mbps unlimited with free App usage- Rs 800/-
  • Jio Fiber Offer 6: 1 day unlimited with free App usage- Rs 400/-

The volume based tariff plans (Valid for 30 days) :
  • Jio Fiber Plan 6: Speed of No cap for data usage up to 5GB/day with free App usage- Rs 1000/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 7: Speed of No cap for data usage up to 10GB/day with free App usage- Rs 2000/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 8: Speed of No cap for data usage up to 20GB/day with free App usage- Rs 3000/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 9: Speed of No cap for data usage up to 40GB/day with free App- Rs 4000/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 10: Speed of No cap for data usage up to 60GB/day with free App usage- Rs 5000/-

Other Plans (Valid for 30 days) :
  • Jio Fiber Plan 1: 50mbps for data usage up to 2000GB with free App usage- Rs 1500/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 2: 100mbps for data usage up to 1000GB with free App usage- Rs 2000/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 3: 200mbps for data usage up to 750GB with free App usage- Rs 3500/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 4: 400mbps for data usage up to 500GB with free App usage- Rs 4000/-
  • Jio Fiber Plan 5: 600mbps for data usage up to 300GB with free App usage- Rs 5500/-

I don't think those plans are real. This was also posted in another site 1 week ago which said to be launched in few days. Jio fiber is the new item for these bait sites now that 4g is done. Plans look strange.

Firstly, I dont think Jio has plans to give non FUP connections at all. They plan to charge for data use, not eat all you want. The unlimited offer is of no use, since the speeds will be capped at international gateway, as they have done with JioFI/Jio4G
Jio easily can offer UL or big FUP plans as so many others (like Excitel, Spectra, other smaller ISPs) are offering with proper contention ratio especially since their network is so big. At least under 100mbps. But they'll probably just offer better than Airtel and ACT plans.

Also wasn't international bandwidth fine before last month? Though low international bandwidth indicates they are not buying sufficient but don't know if it will change with broadband.

• Jio Fiber Offer 5: 10 mbps unlimited with free App usage- Rs 800/-
This is best. you can download 3 TB in a month.
Other ISP will have to upgrade fast while they still have time.

I don't think most people of India know what to do with so much speed. At least for now.
I think it will take two years from now, before it reaches small towns.

Last edited:
Lets hope if they are for real, Just looking forward to 3 plans
Jio Fiber Plan 1: 50mbps for data usage up to 2000GB with free App usage- Rs 1500/- (personal favorite)
Jio Fiber Offer 5: 10 mbps unlimited with free App usage- Rs 800/- (unlimited is always welcomed)
Jio Fiber Offer 1: 600GB @15mbps with free App usage - Rs 500/- (This means 20 GB daily for 500rs)

JIO welcome offers are very good advertising strategy and also very good for gaining popularity, which is highly required for any startup.
it also shows how much Indians are capable of consuming internet bandwidth when given a chance. It tells what the Indians truly wants.
I think the company can show all those bandwidths consumed as companies initial success.

Just in...

upload_2016-9-12_13-22-42.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1473666856][/DOUBLEPOST]
upload_2016-9-12_13-24-13.png

Source : Phone radar

If one observes closely, its Gb and not GB ! :)

So the actual plans (if true!) must be something like-
  • Jio Fiber Offer 1: 75GB @15mbps with free App usage - Rs 500/-
  • Jio Fiber Offer 2: 62.5GB @25mbps with free App usage- Rs 1000/-

Any update on availability around Delhi/noida??

Visited a Digital Xpress Mini store and the Head office branch in sector 8.. Blank as a sarkaari karmchaari.
The employee actually sounded quite proud about not knowing the term 'Gigafiber'.

Indicative of the CS nightmare up ahead? :drowning:

Last edited:
I don't think anything of what is being touted by these sites is the truth.. i think there's something being done by Reliance for sure along the line of FTTH offering but definitely not what is being published as rates/plans etc.

also i think coverage is going to be quite limited.

Visited a Digital Xpress Mini store and the Head office branch in sector 8.. Blank as a sarkaari karmchaari.
The employee actually sounded quite proud about not knowing the term 'Gigafiber'.

Indicative of the CS nightmare up ahead? :drowning:
Nope they are just like that. My experience and anecdotal ones on the forums point to people being "blank as a sarkaari karmchaari" even when Jio was launched spending hours to fillout forms and calling up someone else to check every other detail.

Back