Just another media player? :P

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
FInally got it :D

My Blu Ray player, Xtreamer and the Dell S2409W

Err i think you can guess what kinda movie is playing :ashamed: didnt have any other 1080p movies with me at that time lol.

Cost us 220 Euros ( 2x100 + 20 shipping ), around 7800Rs. No Customs :D the package was marked as a sample :p

220 Euros is not 7800/-! lol....

Congrats anyway!

PS: What did oyu get apart from the monitor? I see a PS3 and something called Xtreamer. WTH is it? :p

EDIT: Saw it. Now, I'm tempted! How's the quality? You need to connect it to your monitor right? But you can access the HDD in the Xtreamer by Wi-fi. Am I right?

Nikhil said:
220 Euros is not 7800/-! lol....

Congrats anyway!

PS: What did oyu get apart from the monitor? I see a PS3 and something called Xtreamer. WTH is it? :p

EDIT: Saw it. Now, I'm tempted! How's the quality? You need to connect it to your monitor right? But you can access the HDD in the Xtreamer by Wi-fi. Am I right?

Moron :p

Congrats Sunny :D

Congrats! What's the Xtreamer? I could google but I think I'll just wait for a short intro+mini review from you.

P.S. That has to be the messiest HT setup I've ever seen :p!

Damn i cannot see the pics..in office :(

Dont remove any pics...will check them when back home :p

Now a review will be icing on the cake

Damn..i am asking a review for the third time :ashamed:

SunnyBoi said:
i'm too lazy to write a review :p lets see if 4dh1r can write one :p

Damn!!! The President of the International Lazy Club asks the Vice President to write a review!!! :bleh:

OK... here's a small review...

We didn't update the xTreamer to the latest firmware, So till now using factory firmware...

Used a 3.5" 1.5TB external HDD for testing...

We tried the following formats on the xTreamer last night:

1. DVDRips (xVids) : Quality was nice but not as clear as 1080p (duh!!!). Subtitles could be personalized (size and position on the screen)
  2. DVD (VOB): Good Quality, but Letterbox on all four sides (have to check the settings to disable that). Menus were present & working fine.
  3. 720p : Very Good Quality, but SunnyBoi declared that from now on he'll watch only 1080p :bleh:
  4. 1080p : Pure Bliss!!! Could see the minutest pores & wrinkles on actors faces... Videos were smooth, no lag, no low FPS slideshow effect...
  5. Flacs : Played flacs decently according to SunnyBoi... Few files could not be opened though... We encountered one bug where the audio time was displayed as 00:00 and the playing time bar was not moving. Hopefully it'll be resolved after latest firmware upgrade...
  6. Youtube : The initial page contained links for latest videos, most viewed videos etc... We selected a video (some :ahem: tamil video clip taken in a cyber cafe ;) ) and it played fullscreen, but the source quality was very poor.
  7. JPGs : 5-10 MB JPG (around 12 MP) files were displayed pretty smoothly using transitions. The file's EXIF info was displayed too... :eek:hyeah: Zooming function was good, however, we didn't like the zoom display box at right bottom of the screen which displayed the position of the area zoomed wrt the full image...

All in all... we deem the xTreamer as Total Paisa-Vasool!!! :hap2:

Back