Audio JVC RX700 Broken . Required new Headphone.

rahulyo

Skilled
Hello friends.

I use JVC RX700 headphone with ASUS Xonar STX sound card,but recently RX700 stop working so i want new headphone.

Main use of headphone :-

1.Music
2.Gaming
3.Movies

Please suggest me good headphone . My budget is 5000-7000 INR .

Thanks & Regards .

http://turntablelab.com/pages/headphone-buying-guide-open-vs-closed-headphones
http://www.howtogeek.com/191416/ask...losed-back-headphones-and-which-should-i-get/

I am no Audiophile, but in a gist, closed headphones are better when you want isolation from outside noise and useful for precision listening if you are into professional audio/music composition etc. They also have the side effect of having deeper bass and they don't leak sound.

Open headphones sound more natural and suitable for movies and games etc with maybe added DSP like surround sound etc. Since they are open, they tend to leak sound and don't isolate you from external noise. Sound leakage is not that bad either. If you have volume high enough that somebody is able to hear the sound outside, then you have it high enough to damage your ears.

Also open headphones are more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time.

JVC HARX700 is Open and so are Audio Technica AD700. I had used JVC HARX900 (these were closed/semi closed) and later moved to AD700. I use these headphones for gaming and movies. They are very very comfortable and very good for your usage.

Do note that AD700 is an older model and there is a newer iteration named AD700X which is considered inferior to the older model.

AD700 seems to be so much in demand that it has actually increased in price considerably compared to its newer iteration. On Amazon US, these are selling for $190

I actually got mine in India officially for 6k about 3 years back from the same source that I posted. 7.9k is the lowest price that I have seen for these in India lately.

http://turntablelab.com/pages/headphone-buying-guide-open-vs-closed-headphones
http://www.howtogeek.com/191416/ask...losed-back-headphones-and-which-should-i-get/

I am no Audiophile, but in a gist, closed headphones are better when you want isolation from outside noise and useful for precision listening if you are into professional audio/music composition etc. They also have the side effect of having deeper bass and they don't leak sound.

Open headphones sound more natural and suitable for movies and games etc with maybe added DSP like surround sound etc. Since they are open, they tend to leak sound and don't isolate you from external noise. Sound leakage is not that bad either. If you have volume high enough that somebody is able to hear the sound outside, then you have it high enough to damage your ears.

Also open headphones are more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time.

JVC HARX700 is Open and so are Audio Technica AD700. I had used JVC HARX900 (these were closed/semi closed) and later moved to AD700. I use these headphones for gaming and movies. They are very very comfortable and very good for your usage.

Do note that AD700 is an older model and there is a newer iteration named AD700X which is considered inferior to the older model.

AD700 seems to be so much in demand that it has actually increased in price considerably compared to its newer iteration. On Amazon US, these are selling for $190

I actually got mine in India officially for 6k about 3 years back from the same source that I posted. 7.9k is the lowest price that I have seen for these in India lately.

Thanks for explaining . But i think RX700 are closed one (Also read on Net).

How is AD 700 for music ? Is it have punchy bass ?

RX700 is semi-open, but more open than the RX900 that I used.

As for AD700, they are known to have weak bass (typical of many open headphones). But if you ask me from experience, they do have good bass and in the right kind of way Its not too overwhelmingly heavy and the way I like it. You can tweak it further with EQ.

RX700 is semi-open, but more open than the RX900 that I used.

As for AD700, they are known to have weak bass (typical of many open headphones). But if you ask me from experience, they do have good bass and in the right kind of way Its not too overwhelmingly heavy and the way I like it. You can tweak it further with EQ.

Okk. How is Audio Techina M30X/M40X ?

I have some questions :-

1. On which basis u choose headphone (Frequency, impedance , driver size etc) ?

2. My sound card already have better Headphone Amp (As per reviews-Built in high quality, high impedance TI TPA6120A2 with software settable gain ranges allowing for high quality headphones to be used without external amplification units.) , still i require dedicated AMP ?

^^ Those are technical specs and only give a glimpse of what the headphones will theoretically able to do. How they sound in practicality differs based on the the overall acoustic engineering and which boils down to every last bit of detail in the design including the ear pads. For instance every headphone out there differing in price from Rs 200 to 50,000 or more may advertise a frequency range of 5Hz~22KHz. Even if everything else in the specs is the same, they still won't sound the same.

The exact same driver may behave differently based on the ear cup design, ear pads, the kind of connecting cable used, the source etc.

As an example, take a look at MrSpeakers Mad dog headphones

https://mrspeakers.com/mrspeakers-mad-dog-headphones/

What they do is use a off the shelf headphones called Fostex T50RP which don't cost a lot and then mod it and the end result is the Mad dog headphones which cost a pretty buck and apparently justify every bit of that cost.

What you buy depends on how you like your sound. Audiophiles have their own tastes based on the kind of music they like. Professionals typically prefer flat/neutral headphones. Gamer's look for positional audio.

Regarding the AMP, you will need it for headphones with high impedance rating. For the typical 32 ohm roundabouts, you don't need a dedicated AMP. However some headphones in that range apparently do sound better when driven through an amplifier even if they don't need the amp for the getting the desired amplitude.

^^ Those are technical specs and only give a glimpse of what the headphones will theoretically able to do. How they sound in practicality differs based on the the overall acoustic engineering and which boils down to every last bit of detail in the design including the ear pads. For instance every headphone out there differing in price from Rs 200 to 50,000 or more may advertise a frequency range of 5Hz~22KHz. Even if everything else in the specs is the same, they still won't sound the same.

The exact same driver may behave differently based on the ear cup design, ear pads, the kind of connecting cable used, the source etc.

As an example, take a look at MrSpeakers Mad dog headphones

https://mrspeakers.com/mrspeakers-mad-dog-headphones/

What they do is use a off the shelf headphones called Fostex T50RP which don't cost a lot and then mod it and the end result is the Mad dog headphones which cost a pretty buck and apparently justify every bit of that cost.

What you buy depends on how you like your sound. Audiophiles have their own tastes based on the kind of music they like. Professionals typically prefer flat/neutral headphones. Gamer's look for positional audio.

Regarding the AMP, you will need it for headphones with high impedance rating. For the typical 32 ohm roundabouts, you don't need a dedicated AMP. However some headphones in that range apparently do sound better when driven through an amplifier even if they don't need the amp for the getting the desired amplitude.

Thank u very much for clear my doubts.

Most of time i use headphone for gaming (like 65-70%) , sometimes for music (like 35-30%). Currently i m super confused, which one to choose . :( . I want better headphone than RX700 .

Thanks for reply . Open Or Closed which one is better ?

In general open are more comfortable due to less clamping force and have wider soundstage. Closed ones drown out the outside sounds to an extent (which might be a -ve in the case of home use) but have more bass/clarity in similar budgets.
I use headphones for 3-4hrs continuously in the evening and I prefer the ATH-T500 (open) to the M50x (closed) due to comfort despite M50x easily beating the T500 in terms of sound quality.

I'm assuming that the closed headphones are designed to provide greater clamping force to enhance isolation. Anyway, all the open headphones I've used were more comfortable than the closed ones. Maybe it has also to do with better ventilation?

Comfortable - yes (ventilation is a big factor IMO towards that since you can use them for longer periods)
Clamping force - subjective.

Thanks for reply .

But :-

VumEO8Q.jpg

Any comment on This ?

http://www.amazon.in/HyperX-Cloud-G...d_sim_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VGVRZ00TFKKFRSJXS79

Back