K700i as a voice recorder

Emil

Skilled
Has anyone got first hand knowledge of using the K700i to record lectures etc.?
How good is it for that function?
What is the maximum duration of a single recording?
Is it only limited by the 41 MB memory?
What is the memory usage like? I mean how many minutes of voice recording per MB?
What is the typical image file size when using the camera?

Your replies will help me choose between the K700i and the 6600 because the K700i seems to have a much better camera and audio but lacks the memory expansion. Essential features are - camera, bluetooth, voice recorder and music playback. And budget is sub 10K. Need for memory expansion will depend on answers to the questions above.

dont know the rest of ths stuff but i can easily assure you that K700i's camera isnt better than that of 6600...

Also K700i's recording capability is limited to its memory of 40mbs

Emil...icefusion seems to be another blind Nokia follower...
I use k700i and u r right k700i's camera is far ahead from 6600, regarding recoding u'll be amazed by the quality of recording...and in 40 mb u can record upto 40+ minutes of music!
If its ok for u then simply go for k700i...!

IceFusion said:
dont know the rest of ths stuff but i can easily assure you that K700i's camera isnt better than that of 6600...

Also K700i's recording capability is limited to its memory of 40mbs
Hell no i've both the fones and the k700i has far better quality and colour reproduction than the Nokia. For imaging SE is the best right now.

IN 6600 sound recorder can record a max of just 1 minute irrespective of free memory . in k700 you can record till 41 mb runs out . i have been using k700 as my main phone for a year. i think it is the best phone you get under 10k .

IN 6600 sound recorder can record a max of just 1 minute irrespective of free memory . in k700 you can record till 41 mb runs out . i have been using k700 as my main phone for a year. i think it is the best phone you get under 10k .

^But you can always get specialized recording software for the 6600 like eRecorder, etc to remove the 1 min. limit and record till your free memory on your memory card runs out.

i gifted my wife K700i on her birthday and i am happy that i made that choice.

i have 4 nokia phones working right now and this was the first se phone and i was really impressed by its picture clarity, sound clarity and simplicity.

may be nokia menus are good, os (in 6600s case symbion may be good) but in case of sound reproduction and image quality it really falls behind se phones.

yes you can record upto the limit of onboard memory (41 mb) in se k700i.

Thanks you guys. You have been a great help.

Would appreciate answers to the last two questions I posed:

What is the memory usage like? I mean how many minutes of voice recording per MB?

What is the typical image file size when using the camera?

@retesh_gondal - I want to know the memory usage for voice recording not for music.

Awaiting a quick reply. Phone will probably be bought today. Also tell me what is the best price I can expect to get the K700i at a place like Alfa or is there a better place than that in the Mumbai suburbs?

Emil said:
Thanks you guys. You have been a great help.
Would appreciate answers to the last two questions I posed:

@retesh_gondal - I want to know the memory usage for voice recording not for music.
Awaiting a quick reply. Phone will probably be bought today. Also tell me what is the best price I can expect to get the K700i at a place like Alfa or is there a better place than that in the Mumbai suburbs?

Around 8,8.5K.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys. Now almost all questions are answered. The only one that still remains is how many hours/minutes of VOICE recording will fit into the 41 MB memory?

aka911 said:
1 minute voice recording is around 100 kb . so you can calculate what you can record in 41 mb .
Thanks. Should be getting that K700i today with all this positive info. Some dealer in Mumbai ought to be very pleased with TE I guess. :D

Easy easy....all i meant was in terms of video recording...not in terms of snaps..we had a long thread abt nokia vs SE earlier also...:p

IceFusion said:
Easy easy....all i meant was in terms of video recording...not in terms of snaps..we had a long thread abt nokia vs SE earlier also...:p

?he he icy . you were always a nokia fan . any news on launch of 3250.

Hi Emil,
My mistake...music was incorrect word...its 40+ mins of recording
Also k700i can click pics of 1024 resolution.
Typical 640x480 img size is of 70+ kb

Enjoy k700i..!!

retesh_gondal said:
Hi Emil,
My mistake...music was incorrect word...its 40+ mins of recording
Also k700i can click pics of 1024 resolution.
Typical 640x480 img size is of 70+ kb

Enjoy k700i..!!

maximum 640x480.

Back