K750i or w810i - help me decide

guru

Adept
lost my mobile yesterday [k700] :(. I am looking for a Phone, thats got a memory slot / mp3 player and a camera with auto focus. My budget is like 15k. I've kinda narrowed it down to

1. k750i + 1gb mem + good earphones

2. w810i [comes with 512mb mem and hpm-70 earphones]

what do you guys suggest i go for?

also can someone recommend good earphones or is hpm-70 good enough?

Get the w810i , u'll also get a pair of crappy speaker free with it, else get some nokia n series if you want to try something different.

If you wanna buy k790 then also factor in the cost of m2 card which is around 2.5 k for 1 gb version. Also if you mainly want a music player then k790i has a weaker sound compared to walkman series . . :)

Thanks for the suggestion guys

@Trajan

k790 + 1gb + good earphones would be atleast 23K+. beyond my budget right now

@aka911

thanks for pointing that out. seeing k790 comes with 64 mb of ram

@faheem_m

isn't k750i music playback similar to w810i?

I've kinda decided on k750i and use the extra 5 grand i save for

a)1 gb mem

b) sennhieser cx 300 white Sennheiser Worldwide: CX 300 white

assuming

- music playback quality is not different between k750i and w810i.

i'll loose the w810 speaker / USB2.0 /edge (?) but thats fine.

anyone know where can i get

1 .Sennhieser cx 300 in Bangalore and how much :)

2. Phone and mem card for cheap for a good price -

i am not sure..but i think..that the music playback is different on k750i and w810i...65 % i am sure..cauz i ve heard music on both of them....

^^but once u flash k750i with w800i's firmware they sound and look the same... that is with headphones... not sure abt the speakers though...

@guru - if u cant get a get a k790 then get k750 + 1GB card + w800i headphones (600 bucks)....

there is a lot of difference between the 600 bucks headphone and the hpm70 u get from sony for 1000 bucks odd

There is no difference between the music quality on the k750i and w810i through the headphones, the speakers may be different though...u won't get the walkman media player on the k750, and u can't flash the fw with w800i cause it's cid46.

alright someone help me now.. :)..

i got the 750i . i need to get good earphones.. the ear canal ones would be good :).. so any suggestions where and which model i could buy.. i dont mind the hpm 70 either. but wherethe hell woudl i get the orignal one??? i cant seem to find it .. sheesh :(

IMO go with W800i, my friend using it since last 14 months. No problem at all. I suggest this model to any one becuase he is too mcuh choosy + Perfect +never miss a little fact too while choosing any product and W800i have Auto Focus and Even in Dark using its foucs you can Snap anything and in Dark you can use it like Lantern.

thexfactor said:
there is a lot of difference between the 600 bucks headphone and the hpm70 u get from sony for 1000 bucks odd

There is no difference between the music quality on the k750i and w810i through the headphones, the speakers may be different though...u won't get the walkman media player on the k750, and u can't flash the fw with w800i cause it's cid46.

There are 2 walkman headphones, one old and the other one new... 2 of my friends have that headphone with k750i that was bought for 600 bucks and there is no diff with the ones that come with w800i...

and also k750i can be flashed with w800i firmware... there is a thread in TE for that... check it... both my friends with k750i have done the firware upgrade and the walkman player is present in it...

There is no difference in sound quality through earphones in k750 ,w810 and w800. Assuming all are using hpm70.
I will suggest w810 because it has a good dpad and also very nice flash themes. As per regarding hpm70 they are available original but without bill in national market. But make sure you get original ones,it is easy to get fooled. . . :) costs around 500

i'd say a huge factor is the joystick...
I haven't seen the W810i...but the 750i joystick is a big let down...especially if you don't keep the phone free from dust...A few months down the line it starts acting sluggish....w810i also has edge...
So if you have the money go for the w810i....

Back