User Guides K750i/W800i Unlimited SMS storage

Hey guy's, this is the first guide i'm posting anywhere, I've tried to make it as simple as possible, It's about increasing the sms storage limit in the k750i/w800i series of phones.

Essential Tools Required :

Far Manager - FAR Manager official site
RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

SEFP Plugin by Darkman

k750i/W800i Flash Drivers

DCU-60 (Default USB cable with k750/w800)

Alright, once you get all the above files, install the usb flash driver (If you have used SEUS then you may have already got the drivers installed on the system) . Also it is recommended to have your contacts, messages and other data on the phone backed up by using a program like my phone explorer (FJ Software Development )

1) Take a backup of your contacts and messages with My Phone Explorer (i.e select all msgs & copy to archieve).
2) Extract Farmanager to any location you desire.
3) Then extract the SEFP folder to the plugins folder in Farmanager.

4) Now start Far Manager by starting far.exe

5) Switch Off the phone, but dont connect it to the USB Cable yet.
6) Press Alt+F1 at the main screen

7) Then Press 0 or select SEFP

8) You will see a box with connection settings for your phone, select
dcu-60/921600/k750/w800 cid36 as shown in the screenshot

9) Now it will ask u to connect the phone to the usb cable while holding down c, do that!

10) If you have not got the flash driver installed properly or have not connected the phone properly you could get the following error message.

11) However if everything goes well, you will get the phone detected message.

12) You will see the following folders in the root directory.

13) When you click on the fs(Filesystem) Folder you will again get a box with some messages scrolling through.

14) Now you can see all the folders present in the phone.

15) To remove the sms storage limit, browse to the /ifs/settings/messaging folder

16) Now select pref_store.txt file and click F4 to edit it

17) change the "/sms data" to "/tpa" press F2 to save, then F10 to quit.

18) Now keep going a level back towrds the root dir (i.e by pressing the .. ) until it asks you if you want to shut down the loader, select yes to quit.

19) Disconnect the phone, you may have to remove the battery once and then put it back in.

20) You might find your sms's missing, now open my phone explorer and then restore the backup of the sms's (the alternate way of doing this is by copying all the files in sms data folder to tpa folder , but i'm not sure if it works cos i havn't tried it out yet)

You can do a lot of things to the phone using farmanager, you can increase the play volume, have flash theme's, change icon's etc. will post a guide for that if you want it and like this one .

Special thanks to Darkmen from SE-NSE for the wonderful flash plugin :clap:

Hi,

SEFP Plugin - What is the latest version? I have this one SEFP06098.

Well, I reinstalled my whole system and tried fresh - Extracted the FAR Manager and the SEFP Plugin in teh Plugins folder of FAR Manager... Executed FAR Manager, and Alt-F1 and 0 : I did not see a w700i option so used K750_W800_cid36... and clicked on Enter the Matrix... I then connected my phone as instructed by holding down the c key - Windows then asked for Flash Drive - without this drive I could not proceed with FAR Manager...

I then downloaded the SE Update Service which installed the USB Flash Driver (However, the SE Update Service did not have w700i in its list) - installation of update service seemed ok...

REstarted machine and ran FAR Manager and Alt-F1 and 0.... Enter the Matrix - Connected the cable holding down c key - nothing happened - just got this message unable to open device : EPIUSB check for EPIUSB.sys driver installed.

Please let me know what I should do - its frustrating when it does not work :)

I'll recheck the whole process and drivers and try again...

Thanks

Damn am on W810i...

CID 49....waiting for its crack..!

FULL VOLUME is low..!! I wanna amplify it...
SMS Capacity - 200

Even if these two things work...ill be more than Happy

HEyy Guys I works Fine For me..
I backed up my sms before doing this and now I wanna to restore them on my phone using phone explorer.. but when Restoring backup, the Sms are not in my phone :(

Please Somebody know how Do I put them back on my phone?? There's so Precious For me :no:

Can you see the messages in the inbox tab of my phone explorer?
if yes first select all mesages right click then select copy to archieve, then click on Archieve(PC) tab select all messages, right click then choose copy to phone inbox or copy to phone inbox(unread) option

YEaahh the pblem is that when I back up my phone - I tick the "sms-phone(170sms)" component but when I restore my backup the said that "sms-phone(0) :huh: Phone explorer Did not saved my sms or what? :(

u cud follow the same procedure and set the folder back to "/sms data", then backup the messages; to do that open phone explorer, click synchronize, then u must be able to see all ur messages on the screen, now select all these messages, right click and select copy to archive, then set the folder back to "/tpa", then follow the procedure in my previous post.

untitledmr6.jpg

why my far manager like this?? :huh:

cant read at all... :(

anyone can help me to solve this problem?

how to re-install the system file EPIUSB ?

I already install the SE CD, but the far manager still show the error, and want me to install the EPIUSB system file...

anyone can help me?

Hey guys!

Well, I've followed all steps - I've extracted the FAR Manager and the "SEFP08093" Plugin in the "Plugins" folder... Executed FAR Manager, and pressed Alt-F1 and then "SEFP" : I've a W810i and so how I didn't see any W810i I chose the K750_W800_cid36... and then Enter Matrix... so then I connected the device and hold down "c"... but then I apeared the ERROR message:
"Unable to open device: EPIUSB
Check for EPIUSB.SYS driver installed".
So then I download the USBFLASH... and Installed. And then I star again FAR!
But it doesn't work again!

So what's going wrong or what I've done wrong?

Please guys help me!...

Thanks

Thanks...

So there are any more ways to unlock the SMS Storage Capacity for W810i?

I search a lot in Google but I cannot find anything!

Xip said:
Thanks...

So there are any more ways to unlock the SMS Storage Capacity for W810i?

I search a lot in Google but I cannot find anything!

Well, as I said before the new batches of k750i,w800i,w700i,w810i,w550i,k790i etc are all CID49 and which is a more secure format and hence much more tougher to crack than CID36 (the old w800i & k750i)....although a CID49 version is in the works and expected soon. :)

hi guys i have a problem sms which i had recived after change the sms memory to tpa get courpted (arabic sms become english and the sender become unknown) after a while (arounde 300sms) and i cannot save the messages useing MyPhoneExplorer so whats wronge and what should i do?
and yeah i did turn the phone to w800i

Dude i seriously like your Sms increasing feat....
I am waiting for you to provide TE with a guide how to increase the volume & About flash themes...would seriously wait for it....

Back