Kape technologies owns major VPN's

r4hul

Adept
Kape technologies now own 4 Vpn's and 3 of them are always recommended in top 5.
ExpressVPN
PIA
Cyberghost
Zenmate.
They also own review websites vpnMentor and Wizcase.
The problem here is that Kape technologies used to deliver malware however also has ties to multiple state surveillance agencies.
Even VPN's are not safe.

Good find. Kape was called Crossrider. Owned by an israeli guy and had a real history of distributing malware through browser extensions. Interestingly, none of these companies have an active wiki page.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Israeli have a great history of creating mass surveillance tools for govts across the world. You could be using one of these VPNs and this company would be reporting your activity to your govt.

Nord owns NordVPN, SurfShark and Atlas VPN.

Aura owns TouchVPN, JustVPN, and Hotspot Shield.

While there are 100's of VPNs. These are owned by a few companies and marketed heavily via social media influencers.

Read their TnC before signing up.

Good find. Kape was called Crossrider. Owned by an israeli guy and had a real history of distributing malware through browser extensions. Interestingly, none of these companies have an active wiki page.

View attachment 165580

Israeli have a great history of creating mass surveillance tools for govts across the world. You could be using one of these VPNs and this company would be reporting your activity to your govt.
True. Pegasus is made by them(Israeli's). One of the worst surveillance tool.
Nord owns NordVPN, SurfShark and Atlas VPN.

Aura owns TouchVPN, JustVPN, and Hotspot Shield.

While there are 100's of VPNs. These are owned by a few companies and marketed heavily via social media influencers.

Read their TnC before signing up.
I myself use surfshark.

Add to that list is Nord VPN and Surfshark.

Nord VPN's data breach have shown that you cannot trust their security. And Surfshark's HQ is based in Netherlands, which is a part of the Nine Eyes Jurisdiction, meaning that your privacy is in for a toss.

That's why, I always suggest people to stick with open-source alternatives compared to closed ones. And the only competent open-source VPN out there is Proton VPN.

Being open-source has many benefits, but the primary one being - its accounts are always independently audited - which means you get full transparency into the working process of the company. Also, its HQ is based in Switzerland and since Swiss privacy laws are the best in the world, you can expect your data to be anonymous.

Add to that list is Nord VPN and Surfshark.

Nord VPN's data breach have shown that you cannot trust their security. And Surfshark's HQ is based in Netherlands, which is a part of the Nine Eyes Jurisdiction, meaning that your privacy is in for a toss.

That's why, I always suggest people to stick with open-source alternatives compared to closed ones. And the only competent open-source VPN out there is Proton VPN.

Being open-source has many benefits, but the primary one being - its accounts are always independently audited - which means you get full transparency into the working process of the company. Also, its HQ is based in Switzerland and since Swiss privacy laws are the best in the world, you can expect your data to be anonymous.
Right now all things are just a choice. For eg:- proton actually followed the police warrant and gave the data of one of its proton mail users. If they can do that, they can do the same with VPN.

Everything depends on what you want to look and what you overlook.
In this age to tech, don't trust any company blindly.
Here is what surfshark has to say about its zero log policy.
I am not saying i believe them. What i am saying that any tech company can write/publish anything that brings them customer.

Last edited:
Right now all things are just a choice. For eg:- proton actually followed the police warrant and gave the data of one of its proton mail users. If they can do that, they can do the same with VPN.
This was before the Swiss Court ruling that email service providers do not have to comply with data retention laws: https://www.theregister.com/2021/10/27/protonmail_data_victory/

The laws have changed and Proton Mail is in the exception now. You can read more about it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_retention#Email

What about Mullvad? It's very popular with the privacy enthusiast crowd. You can even pay them by mailing them cash in an envelope if you want so they have no information on you at all.

I personally use Windscribe because I only use VPNs as unblockers anyway, so price is (almost) the only thing that matters to me. It helps that they have a very generous free tier (2GB without email, 10GB with) that allowed me to build some confidence in their service before I put money into it - as far as I can tell they're the only reputable VPN that still has a perpetual free tier.

I avoid the big ones like Nord/Surf/Express mostly because of how pervasive their marketing is - I'm instinctively wary of any company that looks like it's trying to scale too aggressively.

Back