Security Software Kaspersky AV 2009 - Offline update problem

motxz

Disciple
I installed KAV 2009 in a pc which does not have inet connection. Activated it with a key file.The AV was showing that it was valid for 183 days. The av database date was Nov 2008.

I have unzipped the updates (av-i386&ids-cumul.zip & av-i386&ids-daily) in separate folders ( updates upto 19 May 2009). I changed the configuration in the update locations ( removed the kaspersky servers and included the directories where the the unzipped updates were kept). On clicking the update button, the KAV update only one file ( iirc ...av0607.lst or some thing). After the process is over, the database still shows the old date i.e. Nov2008 and not the 19May2009.:S

I tried various combinations ( first the av-i386&ids-cumul.zip and then av-i386&ids-daily.zip). Stopped and exited the AV restart the PC, restored the old databse and then updated but in vain.:(

whether KAV2009 could update from zip files ?

Can somebody help:ashamed:

TIA:hap2:

Got a solution finally:D

The KAV2009 can not be updated using the zipped archieves. You have to download a file called "for_kav_8.0.0.[454-506]_(v.3.1.0.6).zip" fro Kaspersky support pages. unzip it and execute the batch file. It creates a updates directory where the unzipped files are kept and then downloads all updates necessary from net. This folder has to be copied to the computer which does not have net connection and the update of the KAV has to be configured to update from this directory.

Finally the databases of KAV2009 are uptodate.:hap2:

Back