kaspersky+internet=blue screen... yikes!!

Safin

Skilled
till 24 hours back had a grt combo of zap5 and kaspersky 5 personal pro running on win xp pro.
had a format done to comp and try to install the same things and now i get a blue screen.

Ok here are some things in detail:

1) After format i have installed latest windows sp2 with all its updates from windows updates.
2) Did an autopatcher of nov2004 to install some power toys.
3) Have got the same version of zap as i was using earlier before format
that is zapSetup_55_094_000
4) Using kaspersky antivirus personal 5.0.325. Was using the combo pack with system mechanic earlier. that was personal pro but shuld be about the same version i think.

Anyway this is what happens.
Tried this and replicated both with latest kaspersky 6beta and the stable personal 5.0.325

It gets intslled properly and is even scanning. As soon as i connect to net.. and that is as oon as its connected.. i get a windows stop message 0X0000007e or 0X0000008e and dome physical memory dump being created and a restart notification.
Anyway here is the course of action i took to no avail
1) first thinking it was zap av which i had forgotten to disable, i disabled that. Still same error as soon as i connect to net
2) disabled zap altogether, still error
3) uninstalled kaspersky, error goes.

:eek:hyeah:

So whats the thing causing errors. Kaspersky labs website does not give much of an indication. Anyone else facing this?
well point is that its even more frustrating now cos it was fully working 24 hours back on the same comp :S

Its really strange... but you may as well check the respective stop error information 0X0000008e & 0X0000007e

Under one of the above I believe its:
Faulty device driver or system service. In addition, a faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.

Could you check event viewer & reply here about errors under system & application?
Start>run>eventvwr.msc

hmm well i did do that..
anyway here is a even view
Code:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x3efdb8a8, 0xed0033dc, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061905-08.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp[/url].

can upload the dunmp file also if thats any use.
mobo is a7v8x and i don't see any memory caching or shadowing options in bios.

btw as soon as kav is uninstalled i can connect back to net without bluescreen.

And my searching over net has revealed that lotsa other guys have some probs. But no one has a solution right now ........

SuperNova posted 43.77 minutes later:

################# PROBLEM SOLVED ################

Ok problem solved. Had to do some nice thinking and searching but was easy in the end. It turns out that from version 5.0.227 personal kaspersky has introduced IDS/networkprotection (Intrusion detection system), Now if you have a firewall running or had it in memory then you gonna get conflicts. This option is enabled by default. If you do a custom install then you can choose to disable it. But YOU have to do a custom install for that.

here.. in the install uncheck reccomended setings

then uncheck use real time protection against network attacks

that should do it.

Or if you have it installed.. then go to Configure Real-Time Protection. A new window will open. Choose "Troubleshooting" ("Real-time protection settings in 5.0.325) and in this disable uncheck the network attack protection

that should do it.

Infact all kinda probs with kaspersky are due to software conflicts with other av's or firewalls so try disabling them if that helps.
Needless to say after doing above things do get a firewall
Best ones are

[rank=www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm]look'n'stop[/rank]
[rank=www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp]zone alarm[/rank]
[rank=www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/]outpost[/rank]

:clap:
oh and yeah.. same thing has to be done for kas and kai 2006 beta

Back