KAV Prooves that it is the best once again!

mehargags said:
if the norton's cpu usage is bothering u, just use the Symantec Antivirus Corp. edition.
Sleeping Giant--- u wont even notice its installed or not
Plus i love the Client server architecture that it has so that in a large network u dont need to live update all individual Machines wasting time & bandwidth

I saw a couple of days back that SAV Corporate v10 is out. But I like Kaspersky too much to change to any other AV software.

I tried AVG free a few days back and it found a Trojan in a large file I had just downloaded and deleted it without checking with me. It seems that this was not a real Trojan but a bug in the AVG software.

Wanted to ask you all

Can we use 2 AV software at the same time [i know its not ok but still asking ]

So i can run Norton AV & NOD32 or some lite version of AV.

Actually was thinking of starting a seperate thread for this but still asked it here.

i suppose not, cuz before installing any AV...in the setup ur asked to uninstall ur previous AV.
so i guess it must be interfering with some dlls or other files....

I knew it but still wanted to ask this silly question.
What if someone here had tried it.

Did anyone try Extendia AVK Pro which is ranked 2nd
If yes what is its CPU usage

- Looking for the best with low CPU usage solution and trustable. [Any other solutions than NOD32]

Heard that it uses 2 AV Engines one of Kaspersky and AntiVirus engine technology that Microsoft recently purchased for possible future Windows and Microsoft products.

More Info:- http://www.extendia.com/eXtendiaAntiVirusPro.htm

Just didnt get it if AVK uses 2 Engines and one of that is of Kaspersky it
sould have ranked ahead of Kaspersky then why is it below Kaspersky.

Using 2 Av isnt recomended.But i guess you can have two of them installed provided that only one of the AV's real time scanning is running and the other one is completely disabled

Looking for the best with low CPU usage solution and trustable.

NOD32 & F-Prot are two good commercial AV's which use less resources, but as I said before, Antivir PE is possibly the lightest of them all, and is very trustworthy. I switched from AVG to Antivir a while back.

Indyan said:
Using 2 Av isnt recomended.But i guess you can have two of them installed provided that only one of the AV's real time scanning is running and the other one is completely disabled

i was running avg and antivir simultanously for long time...never had a problem

Back