Linux KDE is doesn't work

Hey guys !!
well I have a problem with KDE 4.x .
Be it any distro. KDE 4.X doesn't work ..
take fedora 12 for an example
I try to live boot KDE, every time it gets respawned back to the login screen !!
does any one know what could be the problem ?

your query does not have enough information, so I can't help you

How To Ask a Question

Be precise and informative about your problem

-> Describe the symptoms of your problem or bug carefully and clearly.

-> Describe the environment in which it occurs (machine, OS, application, whatever).

-> Provide your vendor's distribution and release level (e.g.: “Fedora Core 2�, “Slackware 9.1�, etc.).

-> Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem before you asked the question.

-> Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem yourself before you asked the question.

-> Describe any recent changes in your computer or software configuration that might be relevant.

-> Post the output of error logs, if present.

Provide your System Specs

Whether it is a Software or Hardware problem, always provide your complete Machine configuration, along with specific information about your Softwares.

yea myriadmagus, please provide more info... but at first guess you can try providing extra kernel boot parameter like " vga=792 " to enable vesa/safe mode graphics to see if it helps.

now how to exactly get to adding that parameter you need to research a little, like new ubuntu versions you press F4 and select safe mode and F6 then ESC then END to add that "vga=792" to the end of the boot line...

-> Describe the symptoms of your problem or bug carefully and clearly.
I try to run the livecd but then, it keeps respawning back to the login screen

-> Describe the environment in which it occurs (machine, OS, application, whatever).

+
-> Provide your vendor's distribution and release level (e.g.: “Fedora Core 2�, “Slackware 9.1�, etc.).

Fedora 12,Kubuntu 9.10
-> Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem before you asked the question.
I don't know how to find info on what could have possibly gone wrong!!
The CD's were burnt perfectly fine ... worked on my father's laptop

My rig:
AMD x64 3000+
1.5Gb ram
640Gb hdd seagate
Asus k8v-mx series (VIA k8m800 Chipset)

myriadmagus said:
Asus k8v-mx series (VIA k8m800 Chipset)

This is the worst mobo and chipset to be used with Linux. the graphics are poorly supported and there also problem of random freezing.

I won't suggest you run Linux(Any Version) on this hardware, its poorly supported. your overall experience won't be good

Gaurish said:
This is the worst mobo and chipset to be used with Linux. the graphics are poorly supported and there also problem of random freezing.

I won't suggest you run Linux(Any Version) on this hardware, its poorly supported. your overall experience won't be good

very true !
I also had the same thoughts on my rig !!
grrrrrr !!
I guess I need to go in for a new comp

vishalrao said:
so did you try the "vga=792" thingy?

i will try that out mate !!

myriadmagus said:
very true !

I also had the same thoughts on my rig !!

grrrrrr !!

I guess I need to go in for a new comp

i will try that out mate !!

I am saying from experience I ran Linux on same hardware for about 2 years and it was frustrating.

Now I run Linux Intel c2d + Intel G31 and the everything works out of the box. graphics,network card. I didn't install a single driver and everything worked:hap2:

that via stuff might just work on latest distros, why not give it a shot before going for drastic step of upgrading whole rig just for linux :D

try ubuntu 9.10 and fedora 12 in case one or the other doesnt work well...

Gaurish said:
I am saying from experience I ran Linux on same hardware for about 2 years and it was frustrating.

Now I run Linux Intel c2d + Intel G31 and the everything works out of the box. graphics,network card. I didn't install a single driver and everything worked:hap2:

yeah you are right .... I am also experiencing the same frustration now
vishalrao said:
that via stuff might just work on latest distros, why not give it a shot before going for drastic step of upgrading whole rig just for linux :D

try ubuntu 9.10 and fedora 12 in case one or the other doesnt work well...
Ubuntu works ... and I am using it ... but my love is for KDE :)

then why not just try Kubuntu 9.10 ?! :D thats what im using, its good... 10.04 will be even better when it is released in april!

Back