Keep An Eye Out For The Rat

There is a new format out for recording DVD's. Basicly what it boils down to is that everything that is on a DVD can be inclueded in the file (you know all the nice little extras)
About ratDVD
RatDVD is the result of my downloading experiences. Downloading movies, even DVD rips never really worked out to what I expected.

When I download movies, I want the full DVD features set and I want to be able to watch it on any DVD player - without loosing any features of the original DVD. That is what ratDVD can do for you.

Features
ratDVD takes a full featured DVD-9 movie and puts it into a highly compressed .ratDVD container format file of about 1.x GB in size - while preserving all the features of the original DVD such as:

Full anamorphic picture, seamless branching, multiple video angles, multiple audio channels, subpictures, etc.
Keep movie versions (Directors Cut, Theatrical version, etc.), Alternate story endings, making of, video commentary , cut scenes, etc..
Keep complete menus, navigation and features
Reliable high quality, valid check-summed container.

You can find out more http://www.ratdvd.dk/index.htm]HERE[/url]

some more info :

Would you like to be able to compress an entire 9GB DVD to 1 single file about 1GB-3GB (depending on the DVD and your settings) in size, keeping menus, bonus features, multiple audio and subtitle tracks as well as video Angles? Well students from the university of Aarhus, Danmark and St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University "LETI", Russia yesterday released a new Compression format specifically geared towards the compression of complete DVDs without loss of any features or noticeable quality called ratDVD. After a DVD is compressed to one much smaller file, it can be played back on your PC like you would play a normal DVD or you can convert it back to DVD to burn to disc and watch it with a stand-alone DVD player.
ratDVD 0.5.1017Publisher's Description:
ratDVD takes a full featured DVD movie and puts it into a highly compressed .ratDVD container format file of about 1.x GB in size - while preserving all the features of the original DVD such as: Full anamorphic picture, seamless branching, multiple video angles, multiple audio channels, subpictures, etc.; Keep movie versions (Directors Cut, Theatrical version, etc.), Alternate story endings, making of, video commentary , cut scenes, etc.; Keep complete menus, navigation and features; Reliable high quality, valid check-summed container.

You can also convert a .ratDVD file back to DVD format, burn it to a DVDR and watch the movie using a regular DVD player. It does not support copy protected media directly but it allows to use decrypted content
Released: May 30, 2005
Publisher: ratDVD
Homepage: ratDVD
License: Freeware
OS Support: Windows XP
Comments:

still requires DVD Decrypter for those...DVD's from the rental store...

Amazing quality, works really good and you don't have to delete anything.

The advantages of Divx/Xivd (small file size, good size/quality ratio) and

DVD (extras, multiply soundtracks/subtitles, 5.1) combined.

IMHO this is the future for file sharing, copy's are already appearing on Usenet.

Download Link:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1117684936/1/ratDVDSetup-0.5.1017.exe
Seems u will need one kick*** pc for this.

is it only for movies , or what

sunnydiv posted 14.1 minutes later:

i apologise for that stupid question

sunnydiv posted 1.45 minutes later:

i wonder how long this rat dvd will take to merge with the torrent arena :p

is xvid out

@NitnayLion - this is really a fantastic peice of software you brought to my notice.
Really wanted something like this.
Thanks for this

RatDVD rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back