Keeping Airtel Brodband Connected?

Avtar

Adept
Stupid thing disconnectes me after a day or two. I know there's a way to make it stop doing so, what's the catch people?

Not too sure about it, but go to Start -> Run and Type
Code:
ping xxx.xx.xxx.xxx -t

Replace the "x" with an IP address of any site and it will keep your connection online...

call up your customer care and tell them? i haven't been disconnected even once so far. i got my connection in march.

I have to do that dial-up thingy before the modem connects.

No, I will not call Customer Care, they know nothing. :p How long have you kept your connection connected AshR?

There's some hack or mod to it, someone tell me. :p

I think should you get u'r modem changed with Beetel 220BX router (for some reasons guys@airtel prefer to call this as a modem also, but its actually a router).

I have used it continuously for days(weeks even ;) ), without disconnecting.
Also if you connect it via ethernet, you won't have to the stupid dialup thingy anymore :cool2:

LOL Dude, you should have told us that earlier :p

Well in that case, just connect u'r router through ethernet instead of USB, if u get disconnected, u won't know of it, 'cause the router automatically dails again...:cool2:
If that dosen't solve your problem, then try to connect u'r router thru a UPS, 'cause sometimes voltage fluctuation causes the router to malfunction.

BTW what with typing all u'r posts in bold ?

Also if you connect it via ethernet, you won't have to the stupid dialup thingy anymore

ive used the usb without dialing :) it auto connects everytime the computer is switched on..and redials automatically if there is a drop

Hitman said:
LOL Dude, you should have told us that earlier :p

Well in that case, just connect u'r router through ethernet instead of USB, if u get disconnected, u won't know of it, 'cause the router automatically dails again...:cool2:
If that dosen't solve your problem, then try to connect u'r router thru a UPS, 'cause sometimes voltage fluctuation causes the router to malfunction.

BTW what with typing all u'r posts in bold ?
waise i guess u hav to configure the router mode, cuz most ppbly its configured for bridged mode...

@avtar why dont u do smthng like this
10i85qr.jpg

and put the shortcut in startup folder

Back